cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does everyone check their scores?

tag

how does everyone check their scores?

Hi everyone!

currently i am doing a lot of reading on this forum before i really roll up my sleeves to do the work to get my credit up

i want to start educated and not just run in blind

so much great info!

I was wondering, i noticed a lot of people check their credit scores often- how do you do this? are you paying each time? are you subscribed to monthly services? I know there is credit karma- but since those arent real scores i was hoping for a way to gain consistent access to real scores

thanks!

Jan 2016: EX: 568 EQ: 513 TU: 538 (You cannot change what you do not acknowledge!)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how does everyone check their scores?

You're going to have to pay for real scores.

I've been using credit karma to keep an eye on my reports.

Once I get my util reporting as paid down, and I've paid off all the baddies on my account I will be singing up with Credit Check Total.

I know right now my scores aren't fantastic, and since I don't need them to be great to qualify for anything right now, I'm not going to pay anything for them.

But soon enough I'll want to get better cards, and I'll want to know what my scores actually are at that point, so when I get there I'll pay.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harleyquinn0519 wrote:

Hi everyone!

currently i am doing a lot of reading on this forum before i really roll up my sleeves to do the work to get my credit up

i want to start educated and not just run in blind

so much great info!

I was wondering, i noticed a lot of people check their credit scores often- how do you do this? are you paying each time? are you subscribed to monthly services? I know there is credit karma- but since those arent real scores i was hoping for a way to gain consistent access to real scores

thanks!

I subscribed to CCT (Credit Check Total) last June. They have a seven day trial for a buck, and if you call to cancel they will offer you the service at 50% off (14.95). Well worth it, IMO.

Message 3 of 19

Thank you for your reply!

I did the intitial $1 trial for credit check total, thats where i got my starting scores from

it def. makes sense to make a real dent in the bad stuff on my credit before i pay money to see what improvement has  been made

Jan 2016: EX: 568 EQ: 513 TU: 538 (You cannot change what you do not acknowledge!)
Message 4 of 19

$14.95 is a great price! i'll look into that!

thank you!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use CCT and Credit Karma - CK is only good for trends and seeing the report - not the score.

I also watch my scores on a couple of my CC's - Amex and Discover give them to me monthly.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreeing with everyone else -- CCT and Credit Karma are the best.  

Credit Karma updates once a week as far as what's on your report. Their scores are NOT your real socres but it's free and GREAT for keeping up with what is on your Transunion and Equifax reporting.

CCT is well worth the money. You can get your Experian score every day and your TU and Equifax scores once a month for $14.95 (the "after you call to cancel the trial" special rate).   My Experian score has gone up from 536 to 587 since I began watching it on CCT, just in October. Even though I have a ton of baddies still left to clear, it is encouraging to me to see my scores going up.  It's worth the money for me to be able to check it every day.  My TU score is now at 603 so seeing a score ABOVE 600 was very thrilling!  

Good luck in your rebuilding journey!!!

Message 7 of 19
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

credit check total

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm missing something.....

Isn't this a Forum on "myFico" website? Would have assumed everyone was using myfico.com and assessing this forum through it.

Are you not, because of the cost? Is CCT better than Myfico?

Thought myFico was more because of the ID theft Insurance protection. $1M.

Thanks....

Message 9 of 19
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Credit Check Total. Call to cancel after the trial($1). $14 & some change. It's worth it!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.