cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take for a collection to be deleted...

tag
jordy
Contributor

how long does it take for a collection to be deleted...

anyone have a general idea on how long it should take for a collection to be deleted once it has successfully been gw'd?

i have a letter stating that it will be removed... im just wondering how long does it normally take?

30 days? 14 days? 7-10 business days? or end of that month?... just kinda wanting an idea on how long it took other 

members to have theirs removed...just so i have an idea on mine.... 

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: how long does it take for a collection to be deleted...

Sometimes it can take up to 90 days.  It really depends on how often they report to the CRAs.
Message 2 of 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Anywhere from 30 to 90 days.It depends on the company you are getting the GW from, on how often they report to the CRA's.

If they report montly, and you just missed the reporting date, right there is 1mo. And then the CRA have to do their thing and

delete it in their computer, and that maybe another month. Credit repairing takes time, just try to have patience.

If not deleted after 90days, contact the company and ask them (gently) when will it be deleted. Why, I said gently is because, you are

still wanting something from them, with nothing in return.Just remember they dont have to do this. Try to keep positive thoughts and

your fingers crossed and toes if you can.Smiley Tongue LOL  

ETA: Wow guiness56, I guess we both were typing at the same time LOL I guess 2 answers the same, is better then none. 

Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 02-24-2010 12:17 AM
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send the deletion letter / correspondence to the CRA. or will they only accept the notice from the CA?
Message 4 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CRAs update the status to deleted upon notification from the CA only. 

Collection reporting is solely between the CA and the CRA,  You are not a direct party to it.

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Generally, they will only accept it from the CA.   I have seen posts where the OP sent it in and got it deleted.

Message 6 of 11
jordy
Contributor

thank you all for your responses...

I was really just curious... Definitely don't want to rush them as they're doing something for me...

I just wanted to know how long I should wait before I start to wonder about it...

I'll be here patiently waiting on the deletion...lol..

thanks again....

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 7 of 11
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Several months ago, AFNI deleted a collection account. I received a letter from them saying they'd be deleting it from all bureaus.

Within 7 days, it was removed from all bureaus. I echo what others have said and the timing can vary for many reasons.

Just be happy it's being removed and monitor periodically. Hopefully it won't take more than a few weeks to 1 month... 

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 8 of 11
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

I had a hospital collection paid of course deleted in 2-3 days after being told it would be removed I guess it's up to them when they feel like doing it
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase recently deleted a CO within 48hrs of their agreement.  I use american exress credit sercure to check daily during whenever I expect a deletion - this was during my repair process.  I say keep checking it might be gone before the end of the week! 

congratulations to you any deletion is  inspiration to all of us!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.