cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long for a change on a report to appear?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long for a change on a report to appear?

Anyone want to put in their two cents:

How long did it take for a deleted account to disappear from your CR from date CA/OC agreed to delete?

Were any further steps necessary to finalize deletion?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: how long for a change on a report to appear?

It can take up to 90 days.  Some are quicker than others.

You should not need to take any action unless it is not deleted.

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Never.

Accounts dont delete at any specified time.

The dates specified in FCRA 611(a) dont mandate any account deletion, or any deletion of anything from your credit file.

What those date prohibit, in most cases, is only the further inclusion by the CRA of those derogs in any credit report they issue for inquiries that dont involve a high principal amount.

But FCRA 605(b) provides a total exemption of the reporting dates set forth in FCRA 611(a) in the event of any future credit inquiry involviing a principal balance of request for credit in the amount of $150,000 or above.

So the account can remain forever, as well as the ablity of the CRA to provide any and all prior derogs in your credit file, for future high-principal requests for credit.

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

He is talking about an agreement to delete a TL, not the normal aging off of an account.
Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with you, Guiness, and thanks for the clarification!

Requests for deletion by the consumer rarely request deletion of the entire TL, only derogs reported under the TL.  So I have no idea what was requested and agreed to in advance as deletion in exchange for payment.

But many interpret acceptance of payment as being the same as an acceptance of prior commitment for CR deletion.

If prior commitment was received from the OC/CA for credit report deletion, it should happen within 60 days.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-14-2010 02:10 AM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,  Thought I'd add some info in.  This is a collection that was paid way back in 2005, but has been showing up in duplicate on my credit report since then.  I just figured out the mistake, and asked them to delete both the original and the phony duplicate, since they've given me a total of 10 years bad credit due to thei mistake.  I threatened action by BBB and whatever state agencies oversee them.

I got a letter back from them faster than you can say 'OK, lady.'  The letter says both account will be deleted.  It does not say when.  I'm assuming they'd want to get it done pretty quickly so they don't have to deal with a BBB investigation, but who knows.

Is this one of those gray areas with no governing laws?  Is there anything in this particular account's drama that would compel them to move like lightening?

Only reason I'm concerned is that I've got an accepted offer on a house, and planning on hard pull for my mortgage app on March 15.  Yes it's a way off....  but will 40 days buy me enough time on this one?

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The FCRA is very clear about inaccurate reporting.  It can't happen.  Once they were informed of the inaccuracy, it should have been deleted immediately.

When did you get the letter from them?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The inaccuracy was verified by telephone on 2/5/2010 (aka 5 official biz days).  I sent the BBB threat on 2/9/2010 in hopes that they would delete not just the innaccurate account, but also the original collection.  I recieved written letter of both accounts to be deleted, via snail mail, on 2/12/2010.

Honestly, it's happening much faster than I thought possible.  I just don't have a lot of wiggle room before the mortgage app gets pulled, and my EQ score is just 6 points from cut-off!

I really am a patient person..... though it sure doesn't look like it right now!

Thanks for YOUR patience!

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you received written confirmation on the 12th it will happen soon.  You have to give them some time lol!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.