cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long should it take for a deleted item to take effect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long should it take for a deleted item to take effect?

After following up on a PFD, I was told they deleted the item on the 6th.  I still don't see an alert on scorewatch.  Any idea how long it should take to be deleted?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
piersonj1
Established Member

Re: how long should it take for a deleted item to take effect?

I had a couple baddies removed and didn't receive a score watch, not sure why.  Maybe it was already removed.

Starting Score: Eq-658-Exp-547-TU-600
Current Score: Eq-663-Exp-?-TU-643
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After following up on a PFD, I was told they deleted the item on the 6th.  I still don't see an alert on scorewatch.  Any idea how long it should take to be deleted?

The updating on your CR's can take 30-60 days. Not saying they haven't been updated and as far as ScoreWatch is concerned IME it is about a week or so behind in notifying you.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, not the answer I was hoping for, but an honest answer nonetheless LOL.  I was wishing it would happen quicker.  They had reported the collection on 11/29 and it showed up on my credit 12/2 (only 3 days later).  I was hoping the delete would take affect just as quickly.  I had finally got my credit score high and was getting ready to apply for refinancing of my house when this hit, dropping my score 80 points.  Guess they can ruin your life in 3 days, but take their time fixing it.  UGH!!!!  Thanks for your help, guess I'll go bake some cakes or something while I wait.

Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, not the answer I was hoping for, but an honest answer nonetheless LOL.  I was wishing it would happen quicker.  They had reported the collection on 11/29 and it showed up on my credit 12/2 (only 3 days later).  I was hoping the delete would take affect just as quickly.  I had finally got my credit score high and was getting ready to apply for refinancing of my house when this hit, dropping my score 80 points.  Guess they can ruin your life in 3 days, but take their time fixing it.  UGH!!!!  Thanks for your help, guess I'll go bake some cakes or something while I wait.

Might be a good time to purchase one of the Credit Monitoring Services with Daily updates. It may be worth the money for a few months and then cancel it. 

Good Luck
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good idea?  Can you recommend a good one?

Message 6 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

There is only a limited few that do daily. Do a search on forum for CMS and it will open a page that has all the ones offered and choose the one you like. Each one has a brief explanation of what they offer and then if you are interested go to site and read more about them. 

Good Luck
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How good is experian triple alert?? price looks good

Message 8 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Here is the link to compare them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/m-p/662549...

Credit check total is the one that offers daily pulling. I believe you can also get this same service through USAA if you are a customer with them, Unsure what the pricing is.

What is going to make the difference in who you choose is if you want to monitor all 3 reports daily or just 1 report daily. Just keep in mind that when 1 CRA updates does not mean they all updated, sometimes they are from a few days to a few weeks behind.

Good Luck
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.