Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long to update?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

how long to update?

I recently had a collection removed from my report, my fico jumped over thirty points and my CK jumped about the same. It was a duplicate reporting CA I had removed, and this past week I had the original removed, so I use CK to monitor when it shows removed/balances paid, etc. The original was removed, and NOTHING changed. My score didnt move a point, I check CK today and a credit card CO I paid last week finally showed up, but It only subtracted the balance I paid (have paper stating full satisfaction of debt, will handle that matter) and I dropped 2 points. Is CK just rediculous, or am I missing something? I was wanting to wait for disputes and things to reflect before I pulled my fico again so I wasnt spending $20 everytime I wanted to see a change, but now Im curious as to why after all of that positive and nothing changing at all, would my score go down? I went from 2 derogs, 1 judgement and a collection, to just the judgement (for the CC I paid).

Should I pay for my fico again, and is there a product that lets you track BOTH TU and EQ scores like scorewatch? I dont really see it on the product listing, or is there something out there for that?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: how long to update?

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

I recently had a collection removed from my report, my fico jumped over thirty points and my CK jumped about the same. It was a duplicate reporting CA I had removed, and this past week I had the original removed, so I use CK to monitor when it shows removed/balances paid, etc. The original was removed, and NOTHING changed. My score didnt move a point, I check CK today and a credit card CO I paid last week finally showed up, but It only subtracted the balance I paid (have paper stating full satisfaction of debt, will handle that matter) and I dropped 2 points. Is CK just rediculous, or am I missing something? I was wanting to wait for disputes and things to reflect before I pulled my fico again so I wasnt spending $20 everytime I wanted to see a change, but now Im curious as to why after all of that positive and nothing changing at all, would my score go down? I went from 2 derogs, 1 judgement and a collection, to just the judgement (for the CC I paid).

Should I pay for my fico again, and is there a product that lets you track BOTH TU and EQ scores like scorewatch? I dont really see it on the product listing, or is there something out there for that?

There are many credit monitoring services offered. You could sign up for the one you like the best (you can look at the list of credit monitoring services and the benefits they offer in a sticky thread on this site). Just keep in mind not to pay to much attention to the scores.

Many here use credit monitoring services to see the activity in the reports especially when rebuilding. They just use MYFICO for the scores after they see so many changes in their reports.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: how long to update?

@JM-AM wrote:

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

There are many credit monitoring services offered. You could sign up for the one you like the best (you can look at the list of credit monitoring services and the benefits they offer in a sticky thread on this site). Just keep in mind not to pay to much attention to the scores.

Many here use credit monitoring services to see the activity in the reports especially when rebuilding. They just use MYFICO for the scores after they see so many changes in their reports.

I use CK not to know my score, but just to see when things show up and a guideline to if my score has gone up/down. I am so tempted to pull myfico now to see what they say. I dont see how I dropped two points by removing a Collection and paying off an old CC.

I'll look for products again and see if there is something that will fit what im wanting to do.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.