Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long

been working on it hard about a year. got no baddies, a number of cards. 660 scores

now i am to the point all they say is credit to new, to many inq.  how long should i garden

before i should try again

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long

@Anonymous wrote:

been working on it hard about a year. got no baddies, a number of cards. 660 scores

now i am to the point all they say is credit to new, to many inq.  how long should i garden

before i should try again

Just with the details provided, I would recommend at least 3 and more like 6 months with zero activity, unless you can get a CLI using a SP.

I would recommend using at least one CC aggressively, as in run it good and pay it down, even more than once in a month.  Try to have it report zero at the statement date.

On the others, use them if you can, and certainly use them like every other month.  I like to show a small balance on the ones that are not my first level cards every couple three months.

Keep tabs on your scores at least using Credit Karma, realizing they are Fako scores, but keep watch on the trends and not so much the actual numbers, as in trending up or trending down.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long

thanks for the info

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.