Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many points will my score increase? amazing success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many points will my score increase? amazing success

Hi all

I would like to know how much should i expect my score to jump if i remove 120 days late from 8 student loan accouints . YES I SAID 8 ACCOUINTS 120 LATE IN 2008. This is not official yet but by the Grace of God my prayers have been answer and i recieved a call today from a supervisor from my student loan creditor and he said that all the board memebers and ceo recieved my GW Letter and agree to remove all my 120 lates from my accounts, and he will even mail me a letter as proof. I'm excited and can't believe it and i will mention my story in couple weeks once i see it on my report and the letter in my hand but for now i dying to know how much my  score will jump. Right now my score are EQ 642 (FICO) TRANS 625 (FICO) & EXP 638 (FAIKO)... have two bk discharge acct with hsbc and 8 lates on my student loans acct from 2008.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how many points will my score increase? amazing success

Fingers crossed.

Point change can vary. A fresh 120 day can drop your scores by quite a bit (triple digits even), points gained will vary. Do you have any other baddies?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The supervisor said he will mail the letter as conformation and gave me his personal number,so its a good sign, but besides those badies i only have two accts charged off in 2007 and nothing else. had a BK discharged on august 2008 but it fell off my reports from all three last year..i hope its a huge increase

Message 3 of 16
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

I got a 30 day late of an account that was from march 2008 and my fico went up 2 points. I think it'll help you more by lenders pulling your report and seeing the 120 day lates not there than the effect on your score. I mean God only knows what the bump will be maybe alot maybe not. But definitely will help you in obtaining credit

Message 4 of 16
Andrew22
Regular Contributor

I just had eight 90-day lates cleaned up from student loans, erroneously reported from 2004...my score went down 50 points when they suddenly posted in October of 2010, and it went up 50 points when they came off in January 2011.granted these were nearing 7 years, if that makes a difference.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its OFFICIAL!!!, after 3 years Nelnet Student Loans keep their promise and deleted 8 accounts showing 120+ late from 3 years ago.Thank God and thank all of myfico supporters for all the advice. I sent numerous GW letters to them and all i got was a call back and they said sorry can't help you. So last week i got up in the middle of the night and started to write another GW letter and tihis time i went online and i found the name of the board members and Ceo and i started kind of guessing their email addresses. Once i found one,i figure they all use their first inital and last name@ and it did work. Last thursday got a call from a supervisor and he said that the CEO and board memebers read my email and they know they are reporting correctly but felt like what i said was honest and that my current status with them shows on time,and the guy told me the board agree to reverse the negatives and he even offer to send me a letter of conformation home.how nice is that? Im freakin exicted and i can't believed it work after 3 years of mailling letters. My score only jumped 31 points,i think is cause of two other badies on my report and right now im high util %. Myfico Rocks!! two more badies to tackle... so close to 700 cluibSmiley Happy from bk 3 years ago, Thanks guys

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't know how that happen it changed my screen name on last post,weird

Message 7 of 16
Tmac7631
New Contributor

Good job diesel. Would you mind sending me a private message with the CEO and other officers you contacted at Nelnet. I have a 90 day late on my student loans that happened back in December of 2010. I have not had any luck with getting this late removed so far.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmac check your inbox i sent you the contacts,,,,

Message 9 of 16
Tmac7631
New Contributor

Hey flo thanks alot I appreciate it.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.