Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much could my score rise?

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

how much could my score rise?

I have a judgement on my CR that is now paid and hopefully I can get it vacated or dropped off the report. I also have quite a few collections (medical) that I am sending pfd letters to and hope to have the done soon as well. When these things are completed can I hope to see my credit score raise in any significant manner? I have 2 small student loans I am paying on totaling $5,400 on my CR. I also have my sons auto payment account on my report and wonder if that helps or drags down my scores? His balance is $3200 and he pays faithfully and early. My next step I suppose is to take out a prepaid type credit card that reports to the credit agencies? Trying to clean up my report and do it as quickly as possible. Thank you for replies.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: how much could my score rise?

You definitely need a revolving acct such as a credit card. I'd try for a couple secured cards such as Capone or open sky. Prepaid or reloadable cards don't report.
The judgement being paid may help a little but if its kinda recent and you can get it vacated it'll help a lot.
Medical seems to be the easiest to PFD. Ifvtou pay the OC directly and get them to call it back from collections the CA will have no further reason to report and will have to remove the Acct completely. Good Luck.
Message 2 of 5
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

I had my paid judgement remove, by requesting all 3 CRA verify the account is mine.  The court will be slow to respond within the 30 days, and it will be removed.  Do yourself a favor, and don't apply for a starter Cap one, it will neve grow with you.  You are better off going to Credit Union, and apply for a credit card.  If you do qualify for an unsecure card, they tend to start you with a limit bigger than what Cap one would start you with.

Message 3 of 5
trc1962
Regular Contributor

On my biggest medical collection I tried to pay them and they said "it has gone to collections, call them and make arrangements." How can you get an original medical biller to pull something back from a collector? Should I pfd them (the biller instead) with the offer?

Message 4 of 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

The court doesn't report anything to the CRAs...its 3rd party reporting. If they told you to call the CA then they may have sold the acct to them and can't call it back. Ask the OCs first thing if they still own the debt.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.