Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much of a CS jump can I expect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how much of a CS jump can I expect?

I have 3 collections accounts, 2 of which have agreed to PFD. The last one is a medical collection that I have PIF.
I am currently using some crazy amount of CC utilization (I think 90%....I know, I know 😳)
How much of a score boost can I expect to see once those two collections fall off and I get my utilization down to about 20%?
Current score is 580s
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how much of a CS jump can I expect?

It also depends on How old the collections were.

To give you an example, I just successfully disputed a CO off of my DH's CR. The CO was from March 2014 and today I got the alert from his Equifax, which jumped from 618 to 643.

The most recent the CO the greater the jump in points once removed.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Paying down your util will give you a bigger boost than the 2 CAs coming off, there is still a CA present and when its deleted assuming no other derogs then that is when the biggest boost comes from having a clean report.

Message 3 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It also depends on How old the collections were.

To give you an example, I just successfully disputed a CO off of my DH's CR. The CO was from March 2014 and today I got the alert from his Equifax, which jumped from 618 to 643.

The most recent the CO the greater the jump in points once removed.

Agreed. Depends on age of collection. But in combo with high util. I'm gonna venture and say 80 plus points. The util alone without the collections are holding you back. I just got 46 increase in eq. 5 year old collection removed   Only 12% util 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.