Anonymous
Not applicable

how much should I offer AWA?

hey all, I have this collection:

AWA (OC was Two Jinn)

collection

$1152 (orig. amt. was $900)

due to fall off sept 2017

I want to offer a PFD. I hear AWA is open to them. any suggestions on percentage I should offer?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how much should I offer AWA?

@Anonymous wrote:

hey all, I have this collection:

AWA (OC was Two Jinn)

collection

$1152 (orig. amt. was $900)

due to fall off sept 2017

I want to offer a PFD. I hear AWA is open to them. any suggestions on percentage I should offer?

Thanks!

If it's due to fall off in Sept 2017 (presuming it's due to the 7 year reporting period) then the debt is very likely past the SOL in most states (unless it's a judgement) so it's a pretty worthless account so I would start with a 10% offer thinking the CA will counter the offer, but I would not pay more than 20%-25% of the owed amount

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I offered $300 for PFD W/AWA

I called AWA because I read that they are open to PFD & that they honor their word when they agree to this over the phone. They countered w/$925.
The original Amt due was $900
The collection amt is $1152
Due to fall off in sept. 2017

The lady I spoke w/says I have until sept. 30th to call back & accept the offer for $900 & that they will in fact delete the item from my credit reports. This item is out of SOL in my state. I really want to get all collections removed from my accounts so I can get a refi on my car.
Should I take the deal? It IS my debt.
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I offered $300 for PFD W/AWA

Hi OP,

I moved your new thread on the amount of the offer into your original thread. Please do not start new threads on the same topic it can lead to confusion on the part of the forum members. I thank you for your understanding.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how much should I offer AWA?

Gotcha. Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I called AWA because I read that they are open to PFD & that they honor their word when they agree to this over the phone. They countered w/$925.
The original Amt due was $900
The collection amt is $1152
Due to fall off in sept. 2017

The lady I spoke w/says I have until sept. 30th to call back & accept the offer for $900 & that they will in fact delete the item from my credit reports. This item is out of SOL in my state. I really want to get all collections removed from my accounts so I can get a refi on my car.
Should I take the deal? It IS my debt.

Ok, the PFD is a 'favor' to you and logically, you have to pay for favors from a CA.

OTOH, it is an old debt that is past SOL.  The more time that goes by, the less likely they will be to get anything.

IMO, 925 or even at 900 is still way too high.  If I really wanted the PFD, I would say 50% is generous. 

Is this your only major derog, and if not, it may not bring great results if deleted.

Kind of boils down to how bad do you want it deleted?

hth

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not my only major derog...however, I am trying to deal with all 5 of my collections because my banker guy at Patelco says I cant get a refi w/any collections on my report Smiley Sad un;ess anyone has any advice on who i could refi with?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.