Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how should i handle this collection?

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

how should i handle this collection?

This is the last collection on my reports due to fall off in about 10 months. I really want it gone cause in about 4 months 2 of my secured cards have potential graduation and it will look over all better with this collection gone. 196.00 dollar collection and what does reset sol mean? I'm afraid to do anything that would alter this being off my reports early next year but I would like to get it gone now if possible. Would them knowing its about to fall off my reports soon incline them to accept my PFD offer or no?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: how should i handle this collection?

SOL (Statue of Limitations) is the legal time limit a creditor has to sue and win. Most states it's 3 to 6 yrs, some states it's longer.
You can Google, to find your states SOL. But be careful..
As you know, not everything on the web is correct, use a reputable source to gather your info.

Resetting SOL....means just that.  The SOL start over again.

Check your state laws, in some states, the SOL can be re-set by a payment or written acknowledgment, etc.

If your paying the debt off, resetting isnt going to matter because the debt is paid already.

Dont' confuse CRTP and SOL, they are two different things.
CRTP has to do with CR's. SOL has nothing to do with Credit reporting,it's the legal side of a debt.

CRTP (credit reporting time period) is the length of time an item reports on a CR.
Most negatives stay on a CR for 7yrs, CA's stay for 7.5 yrs, Starting from the DoFD.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.