Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how soon can you see changes in credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how soon can you see changes in credit score

I know this is a process, but after paying off an acct, and ites removed from report...how soon can i expect to see changes in my credit score?

Just curious!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Re: how soon can you see changes in credit score

The last two goodwills I had, I was told 60 days + or -.   I'm in the same boat as you.......I'll let you know

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

please do!!! thanks!!!

do you have any copies of letter to send requesting deletion for accts that settled...

Message 3 of 4
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Cap one was done with a phone call.......and I still can't believe it. I guess I caught someone at the right moment. I had all the info ready and pleaded for mercy. The other was emailed to a collection company.

This letter is in reference to several paid collections with the following account numbers................

In August 2010, I succeeded in paying off all of these delinquent accounts to (insert name). In the past I have honored my debts and fulfilled my responsibilities but due to several hardships at the time of these debts, I was unable to do so. Fortunately, I was able to gain employment, bounce back and pay (insert name) all at once and in full.

I am now trying to rent an apartment for myself and my family but have been turned down in the past due to my previous collection history. I am kind of hoping, given the number of collections involved, your agency would consider removing them from the three main credit bureaus as an act of goodwill. The total amount on these six delinquencies, and they were all medical, was $????. I paid them as soon as I could. Having six collections removed would get me back on my feet. Having any number removed would be helpful. This gesture would sincerely be appreciated by myself and my family.

Sincerely,

jocleveland

Both companies turned me down more than a few times. Just hang in there, and

Keep on swimming....keep on swimming....keep on swimming 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.