Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to bump my scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to bump my scores?

Currently EX 609 TU 611 EQ 606 under 10% UTL and waiting for $5000 in SP credit to report. Only one collection left since I started and 2 baddies, 1 judgement from 2011 and a tax lien from this past septemer. The tax lien is going to be paid next week and then I'll submit to have it removed. What else can I do to raise my scores?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: how to bump my scores?

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently EX 609 TU 611 EQ 606 under 10% UTL and waiting for $5000 in SP credit to report. Only one collection left since I started and 2 baddies, 1 judgement from 2011 and a tax lien from this past septemer. The tax lien is going to be paid next week and then I'll submit to have it removed. What else can I do to raise my scores?

Are most of these accounts new?  How any inquiries on each CB?

At this point, all you can really do is get your utilization down to 1% to 3% , keep it there and pay on time.  And of course get that lien off when it's paid.

1.  Get 3 or more revolving accounts

2.  Get 1 installment loan

3.  Goodwill and Dispute Baddies

4.  Let accounts age to increase AAofA and for inquiries to fall off.

5.  Keep overall  utilization at 1% to 3% of total limits.  Only one card reporting a balance.

Why so many store cards?  Just curious.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store cards because they were all soft pulls and a made a pillow for utilization, and aooa is a little over 3 years, oldest account is 24 years inq eq 16 ex 8 and tu 7 only 2-3 on each report were from the last 6 months and I have an installment loan. I'll try the one card reporting a Balance because I've been having maybe 3-4 reporting like a 10-30 balance depending on the limit
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Store cards because they were all soft pulls and a made a pillow for utilization, and aooa is a little over 3 years, oldest account is 24 years inq eq 16 ex 8 and tu 7 only 2-3 on each report were from the last 6 months and I have an installment loan. I'll try the one card reporting a Balance because I've been having maybe 3-4 reporting like a 10-30 balance depending on the limit

Whats the balance and original amount on the installment account? Expect to take a hit on AAoA when those new accounts report, they are sure to drop you below 3 years, maybe even below 2.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Original balance was around 9100 and is now at 8200, its is a car lease and has been open since september 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

dabels731, I just wanted to say WOW!!! Looking at your siggy and seeing your almost meteoric rise in scores really makes me feel good and I'm sure it does you too. Now that's gettin' after it!!!

Message 6 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Pay the judgment even if it isn't showing on your CR. It is on your public records and continues to accrue interest every day. Look up your state's statutes to see what the allowed interest rate is for judgments + the time allowed for judgments.  Typical is 10 years or 20 years + a renewal for another 10 or 20 years until paid.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it's most recent the tax lein is being payed this week, but besides that im not sure how to raise my score, they've been pretty much the same the past month and when the tax lein appeard my score only dropped 3-5 points. My reports are at 3% UTL and im not sure how else to boost my scores

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.