Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get enhanced recovery deleted

tag
LavendarL
Established Member

how to get enhanced recovery deleted

Enhanced recovery apparently was collecting $200 for Comcast.  They got the account at the end of december apparently and put something on my credit reports a couple of weeks ago. 

I did not receive any call or communication from them until after I called them inquiring about the mark on my credit report about a week ago.

Immediately after I saw the listing on my credit report about 2 weeks ago, I called enhanced recovery to find out what this was and offered to PFD.  They said they could not delete no matter what, so I called Comcast and paid the amount over the phone.

About a week later, I received one telephone call from enhanced recovery and then a dunning letter in the mail.

I disputed the tradeline on my credit report after I paid the original creditor.

I'm just wondering if that doesn't work, what else should I do?  I mean they reported this on my credit report before even contacting me to collect the debt.  I don't think comcast ever contacted me either.  This apparently was owed from when I had my cable shut off more than a year ago and switched to AT&T.  I'm not even sure if I really owe this amount or not, but I went ahead and paid it because I panicked seeing a new entry on my credit report.

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: how to get enhanced recovery deleted

There is no requirement that a debt collector must contact you prior to reporting their collection to a CRA.

If you paid the OC, then there is no more debt, so the collection authority assigned to the debt collector is terminated.  The OC is required to inform the debt collector that the debt is now satisfied, which requires the debt collector to timely report their collection as closed, and the amount under collection as now $0.  It does not require them to delete their reporting of the collection, as payment did not change the fact that they had collection authority.

You can request the OC to ask the debt collector to delete their reporting, but the OC has no authority to compel them to do so, as it was not their reporting.

Or you can contact the debt collector with your own good will request for deletion.

Message 2 of 8
foreverb
Valued Member

In my experiences with Enhanced Recovery, which i've had two accounts with them.
After I paid and it showed on my report I disputed, i'm assuming they never replied because both has been removed from my reports.
Message 3 of 8
anewmall26

I had Enhanced recovery on mine for Sprint. I paid Sprint directly and then disputed Enhanced Recovery with 3 CA's and BBB complaint, it was deleted in 3 weeks from all three. In my BBB complaint i said enhanced was reporting an account they don't own and it was paid to original creditor and that they were violating FCRA . Enhanced responded that they would delete and they did. This was 3 weeks ago.
Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@anewmall26 wrote:
I had Enhanced recovery on mine for Sprint. I paid Sprint directly and then disputed Enhanced Recovery with 3 CA's and BBB complaint, it was deleted in 3 weeks from all three. In my BBB complaint i said enhanced was reporting an account they don't own and it was paid to original creditor and that they were violating FCRA . Enhanced responded that they would delete and they did. This was 3 weeks ago.

I guess I don't understand how the fact they don't own the account means they can't report it.  I would say 50% of collections are still owned by the OC yet the CA is on CRs.

And how is that a violation?

Message 5 of 8

After you paid Sprint how long did you wait before you disputed w/ CAs and filed BBB complaints?

3/24/13 TU 601 EXP 615 EQX 553
Goal: 700
Message 6 of 8
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

From what I have read on here its pretty easy to GW Enhanced Recovery.  I know people think its easier to dispute, but I imagine if the dispute doesnt work, just the fact that you disputed would make getting GW deletion more difficult.

Message 7 of 8
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

I sent them a DV letter and poof they were gone.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.