cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to rotate your credit cards and which major cards to apply for?

tag
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

how to rotate your credit cards and which major cards to apply for?

I need help on how to rotate my credit cards. I have one card that was close once I paid it off, I guess from not using it. I was to busy trying to pay it down. Also, I have one card bofa that just closed after I paid it off in full. Crushed my heart it was one of my highest limit 2000 Smiley Sad . So I just paid all my credit cards off they all was max out for about two years due to me loosing my job. But I made a little over the minimum monthly payments each month. Once I got the funds to pay them all off I did and they started trying to close my cards and lowering the limits before my credit reports updated that they were paid in full. 

Also, I have more store cards than I do major credit cards. Can someone tell me how I can get major credit cards. I have 12 store cards and 3 mastercards(2 capital one and one Bestbuy which is a citi card now. It was capital one). I have no late payments on any of them ever I have had sense 2008 last card received was 2011. I have 7 inquiries in 2013. An old paid medical judgement thats 4 yrs old and 1 recent medical collection not paid yet for $259. Thats it. I was wondering should I try to raise my current cards credit lines because they r low like 200, 400 or 500 that's it. Or, apply for a major credit card because thats what I want the most. I will not apply EVER for another store card. So which major credit cards do you think I should apply for first? Scores now are all around 636 my credit report has updated yet to show all the ones I paid off. I have to wait about 20 more days.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: how to rotate your credit cards and which major cards to apply for?

Maybe try NFCU cashRewards cards? Do you have family members that are members of NFCU?  They are generous with CL and approved me with a 628 EQ. Beware, they are HP happy...one for banking and at least one for CC. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

Not a member of NFCU. Thx

Message 3 of 4
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Do you have family members that are members? If so, it may work for you.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.