Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsbc charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hsbc charge off

Well I got a myfico alert the other day that my experian, Equifax scores dropped 34 points. TransUnion 29 point drop. Looks like hsbc bank put back on a charged off orchard bank credit card account from 2010. I don't ever recall  having  this account or opening it. I originally disputed this account 2 years ago and hsbc removed their tradeline. It then appeared again under capital one since they owned the account. I disputed and capital one removed.  Then it appeared as a collection under cavalry portfolio services inc.  I disputed with the bbb and cavalry removed the collection and ceased collection activities and closed the account.  Now hsbc puts the account back on my reports and it tanks all the good work I've been doing rebuilding!?  Any advice would be appreciated!  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hsbc charge off

Wanted to add that on my reports it's showing  $0 balance and transfered/sold

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If its not an account you ever opened use FCRA 605B ID Theft provision to get it quickly removed.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once information has been deleted as a result of lack of verification in a dispute, then reinsertion of the disputed and deleted information requires that the party requesting the reinsertion must provide, along with their request for reinsertion, a certification of accuracy of the information.  That applies to any party requesting reinsertion of the information, and not just the party who previously reported and with whom you disputed.  See FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

If the CRA received the required certification of accuracy and reinserted, then the CRA is required to send you notice theriof within 5 days of the reinsertion.

Did you ever receive such notice from the CRA?

It appears that the new reporting did not follow the requirements of section 611(a)(5)(B).

I would send documentation to the CRA of your prior dispute(s), and assert that their reinsertion was a violation of section 611(a)(5)(B).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roberteg. ..you are amazing!  Thanks for great information. .to answer your question, no I never received anything from the cra's. .I looked into it more and it's only equifax. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.