cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can smell 600 and it's driving me Crazy!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can smell 600 and it's driving me Crazy!!!!!

my serious rebuilding started back in november. its been quite a journey with alot of ups and downs. i'm committed to making my payments ontime and keeping my utilization below 30% but idealy i shoot for 10% on all cards. according to fico 08 my exp is 13 points away from 600, trans is not far behind but boy that equ is like a newborn just helpless(lol). i have to admit during this journey i have become quite obsessed, i signed up for every single alert, i log on more than 10 times a day, i have the app, i get email notificaitons and not only from fico but also other sites out there but i truly put all my trust in myfico to steer me the right way. when i didnt give crap about my credit it could freefall do back flips or quite simply stall for all cared. now the wait for new updates and changes has me on the edge of my seat. i m pretty much developing anxiety attacks over this. patience was never a virtue granted to me in this life. i should point out that this all started about a week ago when i got approve for my first unsecured credit card and also my first store card. is there anyone out there in myfico world that feels my pain ??????

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i can smell 600 and it's driving me Crazy!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

my serious rebuilding started back in november. its been quite a journey with alot of ups and downs. i'm committed to making my payments ontime and keeping my utilization below 30% but idealy i shoot for 10% on all cards. according to fico 08 my exp is 13 points away from 600, trans is not far behind but boy that equ is like a newborn just helpless(lol). i have to admit during this journey i have become quite obsessed, i signed up for every single alert, i log on more than 10 times a day, i have the app, i get email notificaitons and not only from fico but also other sites out there but i truly put all my trust in myfico to steer me the right way. when i didnt give crap about my credit it could freefall do back flips or quite simply stall for all cared. now the wait for new updates and changes has me on the edge of my seat. i m pretty much developing anxiety attacks over this. patience was never a virtue granted to me in this life. i should point out that this all started about a week ago when i got approve for my first unsecured credit card and also my first store card. is there anyone out there in myfico world that feels my pain ??????

I know the feeling. I did a lender pull a few weeks ago and I'm 597/580/555. So close for a VA approval I can taste it!

For your UTI%, shoot for $0 on all but one card, and just 9% or less of that cards limit.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i followed this formula last week so im just waiting on it to update soon, keeping my fingers crossed. i need a apt by summer and in new york city credit  is a major factor for approval or denial, in by private owners.

Message 3 of 10
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

I am super impatient as well. Which is funny because time (and on-time payments) is really the best salve for credit problems.

I realized that being an AU on my sister's CC was really hurting my utilization, putting me at 76% when my actual util is like 5%. I removed myself ASAP. I also have had a collection deleted and swapped a $500 secured CC for 2 unsecured cards with $3k limits along with an Overstock card. None of it has reported yet. I have been waiting with baited breath to see an increase. I check it constantly and I spend WAY too much time on this forum.

In 11 months (hope to try for early exclusion) all my baddies will drop off and I am hoping I will have a nice rebound. Time literally cannot go slower. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

I am super impatient as well. Which is funny because time (and on-time payments) is really the best salve for credit problems.

I realized that being an AU on my sister's CC was really hurting my utilization, putting me at 76% when my actual util is like 5%. I removed myself ASAP. I also have had a collection deleted and swapped a $500 secured CC for 2 unsecured cards with $3k limits along with an Overstock card. None of it has reported yet. I have been waiting with baited breath to see an increase. I check it constantly and I spend WAY too much time on this forum.

In 11 months (hope to try for early exclusion) all my baddies will drop off and I am hoping I will have a nice rebound. Time literally cannot go slower. Smiley Happy

You did not see me here... (waves hand Jedi style)

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the response, happy to know i'm not the only one lacking oxygen, lol. 

Message 6 of 10
jbsea
Established Contributor

I am right with you.  My score are now just above 600 but I look many times during the day.  I cant wait for payments to show up just see what will happen.  I'm dying just waiting for one of my cc right now!!!!

But yes I think that my DW is going to divorce me because I spend too much time on here.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't tell you how much sleep I've lost since I started hardcore rebuilding a couple of months ago.  Sometimes I'm on here and CK until 2 or 3 in the morning.  My GF is probably sick of me talking about this place and the budget management site I'm on.  I don't care.  Right now getting my scores into the 700's is pretty much the most important thing in my life right now.  GF is sick of me complaning about every unnecessary penny I spend...

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to think about getting another model Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your feedback, glad to know i'm not alone

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.