cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i had late payments removed!!!

tag
buckeye777

i had late payments removed!!!

hello, i just found out today that chase removed 3 late payments off my report from over a yr ago....i was wondering how much this may help my credit score if any? thanks for the help

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: i had late payments removed!!!

Nice job!

It is really hard to say because it depends on what else is on your CR.  30 day lates generally have little impact after 2 years.

You may see a bump.

Message 2 of 10
buckeye777

thanks..i have a student loan that is past due.. the chase morgage was 60,30,30...i hope to see a nice bump on the next report ,,,current score on here is 627

Message 3 of 10
Mavsman

My advice with the student loans is to write a goodwill letter to the customer advocate with Sallie Mae and tellthem that you were unemployed and you thought your accounts were in foreberance or deferment if at any time they were.
Message 4 of 10
LavendarL
Established Member

Do you have the contact for the customer advocate for Sallie Mae?

What do you suggest to do for NelNet?

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 5 of 10
ajs4ever

I just got off the phone with a CA from the executive office and they are removing ALL my late payments from the last 3 years!!!! HOLY COW!!! I emailed every address I could find on here and Google and called all the numbers I coud fiind on here. It paid off!! I am soooooo excited I can hardly stand it. It does work people!! Good luck!!

Message 6 of 10
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Was that for Sallie Mae^^^
Message 7 of 10
ajs4ever

No it was not Sallie Mae it was Chase Mortgage. Sorry!

Message 8 of 10
coreyromero35

Congratulations to you! That sounds awesome! IM new to this and just don't understand how to remove these late payments, its driving me crazy, LOL. Do you think you can help me with this. It sure looks like it worked for you. I sure would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
admwgn
New Visitor

Please forward me any contact you have with Chase.

I just got off the phone with a Chase auto lease rep and she basically said that they can't do anything about my 30 day late payment unless it's their fault it happened.

My situation was switching leases I was told by a dealership that the payment would switch over automatically. When I got a call 33 days later saying I hadn't paid I apologized, explained my situation and they forgave the late fee as I had never missed a payment in 41 months. So now, I have a 50+ point lower score and no hope of getting the one late payment off my report? Please send me any contact info that would help me speak or write to a person with a Heart at Chase. I hoped to set up a home loan and move my family within a year and that won't happen unless I can get my score back up.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.