cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? if pif will effect my score if they update the dola? midland col that reports as an OA

tag
tbrooks
Valued Member

? if pif will effect my score if they update the dola? midland col that reports as an OA

i tagged onto another post, then realized i should just start my own so that i wasnt trying to take over someone elses.

i ran out of time to dispute with midland, and have already paid them 398.00 to update this account as paid in full with a zero balance, and i have both a letter of our agreement and a letter showing the account is satisfied, and they will no longer try to collect on this account. i was told they will update within the 3rd week of the month. i am wondering if they update the dola if that will change my score since the original dola was 1-2006 based on my EQ report from myfico. my EQ report straight from EQ doesnt show a dola, but does show the dofd as 1-2006, which is the same as the dola reported on myfico. so with that said, they are reporting 90+ late everymonth, open account. account was opened 10-2008. i wonder if like others, when they update it, if the dola changes, will i get a score drop? i also disputed these accounts online prior to joining myfico, but there is still a statement that says "comsumer diputes this account" listed on the reports. so maybe that also helps my fico score, i dont know. i am up to a 602, and if i pay down my cc balances to under 9 percent i am looking at a 640-680 score. im curious if im going to take a hit in my score, and how long before it will recover. the 120 dates late tag will still remain until the account falls off in 2013

copy and pasted straight from my EQ report from the EQ site

Account Number: 852847XXXX

Current Status:  

Account Owner: Individual Account. 

High Credit: $664

Type of Account: Open

Credit Limit: $0 Term Duration:  

Terms Frequency:  

Date Opened: 08/2008  

Balance: $664

Date Reported: 09/2009 

Amount Past Due: $664

Date of Last Payment:  

Actual Payment Amount: $0

Scheduled Payment Amount: $0

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 10/2008 

Months Reviewed: 10 Creditor Classification:  

Activity Description: N/A

Charge Off Amount: $0

Deferred Payment Start Date:  

Balloon Payment Amount: $0

Balloon Payment Date:  

Date Closed:  

Type of Loan:

Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 

Date of First Delinquency: 01/2006 

Comments:

Consumer disputes this account information,
Collection account  

and here is how it looks on the myfico site

Status as of              Sep, 2009

Date opened            Aug, 2008

Date of last activity   Jan, 2006

Date closed             Not Reported

Account number [?]

Not Reported Loan type [?]

Not Reported Largest past balance [?]

$664 Terms [?]

Not Reported Account Type [?]

Open Account Account holder [?]

Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $0

Descriptions [?]
  • Consumer disputes this account information
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?]
Current Status
 [?] Past Due Amount [?] $664 120+ days past due $664
Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 1 time (Aug 2009) Recent payment history [?]Not ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK120 Days Late 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 2007 2008 2009 Legend: Not Reported Not Open Current paid Currently paid as agreed   120 days late 120 days late Worst Delinquency [?] 120+ days past due
TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: ? if pif will effect my score if they update the dola? midland col that reports as an OA

Ok...that was very hard to read & understand.  It helps to break it up a bit.

First...Midland cannot report as an OC.  They are a collection company.  It is possible they are the only one reporting & the OC has dropped off the report.

The DOLA will change.  It's hard to say what effect, if any it might have on your score. 

Midland may have bought the acct in 10/08, but that has nothing to do with the DOLA or the DOFD.

Your dispute on this acct does not affect your score   Whatever this payment does to your score, you will recover from it.  The older it gets, the less impact it will have, but once it drops, you'll get another boost.

Is this your only bad acct??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
tbrooks
Valued Member

Re: ? if pif will effect my score if they update the dola? midland col that reports as an OA

I  do understand that they cant report as an account, but it has been verified with Eq and they seem to think it is ok to report it as an account. i have 6 other paid medical collections on my report. all do to fall off in 2010.2011.2012. 

the oc was verizon, and they were never on my cr. midland showed up around 10/2008, and thats when i remembered never paying verizon the early term fee when i closed my account with them. it was 150x2 which was 300, guess they 654 is were the kept adding charges prior to midland buying the account and trying to collect.

once its updated, i do plan to go back and find a way to dispute it as a account, and have it removed.  but for now, it will satisfy my friend who is a ML. i just needed to zero the account off, and pay down on a credit line i have, then my scores would be high enough to get the loan we needed within the next month. if i take a hit, that wont happen.

ill eventually learn to pay on time, and never avoid a oc.

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.