Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im BACK lol

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

im BACK lol

After a long road of rebuilding i think i have what i need.

Captial one secured card 200CL, i keep a balance of 180 on it.

Finger hut, i just made my last payment in their fresh start program, how long before they move it towards a revolving line of credit?  I think thats the next step

Bought a 14 chevy cruze 15K, havent even made one payment and it showed up on my CR.  LOL but ok.high intrest but i needed a car really bad, i can always refinance in a couple years.

My plan is to nurse these accounts for 2 years before applying for a home loan.  Plus i have a ton of baddies 14 that some are paid and some not and that will all fall off by 2017.  I am working on paying off the newer stuff 2010 forward.  Which is about 5K

I also have student loans but they are not on my CR's They fell off years ago.  I was going to wait till next year to rehab.  Good idea of not?  Should i start the rehab now?  I need to have the SL show rehab for a FHA loan.  I owe about 10K  My thinking is if i waited till next year and made the 10 payments that would put me close to 2017.  Am i right in thinking this or am i way off?

Should i add another secured card?  Or maybe a revolving credit card? 

I also have a bankrupt and 2 lawsuits that are paid that will fall off in 2016.

I cant seem to get above 540.  I think its because of the new car loan showing up yesterday and that my secured card is fairly new also.   I have 2 years to get above 620

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: im BACK lol

@superdad wrote:

Finger hut, i just made my last payment in their fresh start program, how long before they move it towards a revolving line of credit?  I think thats the next step

Bought a 14 chevy cruze 15K, havent even made one payment and it showed up on my CR.  LOL but ok.high intrest but i needed a car really bad, i can always refinance in a couple years.

My plan is to nurse these accounts for 2 years before applying for a home loan.  Plus i have a ton of baddies 14 that some are paid and some not and that will all fall off by 2017.  I am working on paying off the newer stuff 2010 forward.  Which is about 5K

I also have student loans but they are not on my CR's They fell off years ago.  I was going to wait till next year to rehab.  Good idea of not?  Should i start the rehab now?  I need to have the SL show rehab for a FHA loan.  I owe about 10K  My thinking is if i waited till next year and made the 10 payments that would put me close to 2017.  Am i right in thinking this or am i way off?

Should i add another secured card?  Or maybe a revolving credit card? 

I cant seem to get above 540.  I think its because of the new car loan showing up yesterday and that my secured card is fairly new also.   I have 2 years to get above 620

^^^Why do you have your Cap One card maxed out? That keeps your score low. With a $200 limit your card should have a balance of less than $20.

Rehabbing your student loans is an excellent idea. It will really help your score.  The sooner the better.

Message 2 of 7
superdad
Regular Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

^^^Why do you have your Cap One card maxed out? That keeps your score low. With a $200 limit your card should have a balance of less than $20.

Rehabbing your student loans is an excellent idea. It will really help your score.  The sooner the better.

Sorry i ment to say that i have a 180 availiable credit.

Message 3 of 7
superdad
Regular Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

How will they help my score if they are not even showing up on my CR's?

Message 4 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Because when you rehab they will be posted to your CR and not have any derogs once you finish the rehab program. It will show a good long time of installlment payment. So that is a good thing IMO. Installments only contribute about 10% to your FICO scores - but it will give you a long positive history. That long positive history may help you obtain more revolving accounts.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@superdad wrote:

My plan is to nurse these accounts for 2 years before applying for a home loan.  Plus i have a ton of baddies 14 that some are paid and some not and that will all fall off by 2017.  I am working on paying off the newer stuff 2010 forward.  Which is about 5K Try to get "pay for deletes" on the unpaids and send "goodwill letters" for the paid ones.

I also have student loans but they are not on my CR's They fell off years ago.  I was going to wait till next year to rehab.  Good idea of not?  Should i start the rehab now?  I need to have the SL show rehab for a FHA loan.  I owe about 10K  My thinking is if i waited till next year and made the 10 payments that would put me close to 2017.  Am i right in thinking this or am i way off? Could you afford to do this right now, while trying to clean up the 5k worth of baddies showing on your reports, and the recent vehicle loan? Don't set yourself up for trouble.

Should i add another secured card?  Or maybe a revolving credit card? Most definitely, get 1 or 2 more secured bank cards that report to all 3 bureaus monthly

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO you need more CC's reporting. Bank cards. You need at least, according to the pro's, minimum of 3 CC's to really gain good points and benefit from. The key being, keeping UTI between 1%-9% on one card only. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.