Valued Member
MarieSmiles4

inaccurate payment info

So about 1.5 years ago, I set up an economic hardship with my credit card agency.  For 6 months they auto deducted an amount that they found fair, that I could afford to get back on track.   I paid this for 6 months and after that resumed paying as usual with no lates for over a year now.  When I went to check my credit report, I noticed that during those months they reported the first 2 months as being late.  When I called to tell them, the lady said it was bc I didn't meet the required minimum payment.  However, at that time that was the required minium that they set up for me.... Am I wrong to question this, or does this sound right??   I have proof that these months were paid. I disputed with CRA and they said it was accurate.  Anyone have any advice on what I should do now?

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: EQ624, TU630 TU04 606, EX640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
guiness56

Re: inaccurate payment info

Were you behind when you started the payment plan?  It could be that those first 2 months, though paying what was arranged, did not bring you current.

Generally, if you are behind and start a payment plan with a CCC, you will be late for every month until it is caught up.

Valued Member
MarieSmiles4

Re: inaccurate payment info

Thank you, that is exactly what happened then.   Darn!   

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: EQ624, TU630 TU04 606, EX640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+