Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect DOFD

tag
shondra0609
Valued Member

incorrect DOFD

To make this short - Bank of America has the DOFD incorrect on my husband's Equifax report.  It states 5/07 on all of his other reports and on all of mine.  Equifax being Equifax never seems to correct anything so I'm attempting to go directly to the source.  My question is what identifiable info outside of name do I include?  It's an old mortgage so should I include the address of the property?  A copy of the listing on the credit report?  Also, should I send this letter certified mail?

Starting Score: 667EX 599EQ 687TU
Current Score: 667EX 599EQ 687TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: incorrect DOFD

@shondra0609 wrote:

To make this short - Bank of America has the DOFD incorrect on my husband's Equifax report.  It states 5/07 on all of his other reports and on all of mine.  Equifax being Equifax never seems to correct anything so I'm attempting to go directly to the source.  My question is what identifiable info outside of name do I include? Current address, SSN, DOB

It's an old mortgage so should I include the address of the property?  Not necessary

A copy of the listing on the credit report?  YES and a copy of CR with the correct DOFD shown if you have such.

Also, should I send this letter certified mail? YES

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.