Contributor
jbrown773

inquiries!

I have myficowatch and it told me that there is a whopping 8 inquiries on my report :smileysad: When I check this 3 of the companys have 2 inquiries on my report, is there a way to get those deleted and how offten does that work? 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
azguy13

Re: inquiries!

I have not heard any success stories lately from anyone saying they got any removed. They only affect your score for a year so its ok. They do stay on for 2 years though

NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

The FCRA does not regulate the frequency of credit inquiries.  It requires only that they provide a permissible purpose.

Many see multiiple pulls by a creditor related to the same transaction, which is not per se impermissible, but nonetheless is bad business in that it hurts the consumer if coded as hard.

Perhaps the person making the second inquiry simply didnt understand the impact on their customer.

I suggest contacting the inquiree and make a request that they get the second inquiry recoded as soft.....

Frequent Contributor
anca21bi

Don't feel bad, I have 23 inquiries on report, which the majority was from when  I was shopping around for a car last year. I use to have success getting them deleted, but this was 5 years ago, I have tried recently with no success.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}