Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inquiries

Me to. I am going to wait at least to Dec. Thanks for the input.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

inquiries

Should I or shouldn't I worry about sending letters to have inquiries removed. Transunion shows 11 but the other two show only 8. It seems as though approximately only 2-3 will drop off in 5-6 months but I am trying to clear as much up as quick as I can. If I were to write several of these that made the inquiries, I would expect that maybe only a few would even take the time to make an adjustment. In reality though, how many points could I gain now versus if I waited till 2-3 drop off? I assume that it would be about the same amount of points whether its now or later but, are the point that you'd gain be worth the effort of writing those letters?

Message 12 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I or shouldn't I worry about sending letters to have inquiries removed. Transunion shows 11 but the other two show only 8. It seems as though approximately only 2-3 will drop off in 5-6 months but I am trying to clear as much up as quick as I can. If I were to write several of these that made the inquiries, I would expect that maybe only a few would even take the time to make an adjustment. In reality though, how many points could I gain now versus if I waited till 2-3 drop off? I assume that it would be about the same amount of points whether its now or later but, are the point that you'd gain be worth the effort of writing those letters?

IMHO, no.  Inquiries about to fall off are not affecting your fico score (regardless of what credit karma says).  And most lenders on manual review care about the past 12 months.  I had comcast do an inquiry without my permission (didn't even have service with them at the time).  It will be gone shortly (jan 2015, I believe).  No one has paid attention to this inquiry, and I have more important things to do re improving my reports than this inquiry.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.