Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inquiry question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

inquiry question

Hello everyone,

I am having some fraud issues on my account. I cannot seem to locate anything in regards to who ameriauto is? Does anyone know what their real name is or the actual number/website for assistance. thank you.

AJ

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inquiry question

If you contact the CRA or look on your report under "Creditor contacts" or something like that, it should list contact information for everyone who has pulled/reported on your report.

Using google, I found one listing for AmeriAuto in Mississippi.

Checking the BBB, there were two listings. The one mentioned above and one in Kentucky.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm... a quick web search returns immediately a thread regarding Ameriauto - it seems a tradename of Ameriprise, car loan shopping, also related to Costco, and Transunion coding it hard while EQ\EX coding the same soft.

Given some recent issues I had I'm starting to believe that TU willfully codes some inquiries as 'hard" even when the puller requested them as "soft"...

Message 3 of 9
203bravo
Established Contributor

Sunshinegrlalways -

Have you been online shopping for auto insurance recently?  the pull was probably from ameriprise auto insurance.

Could probably google and see if you can find out more about the company.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
203bravo
Established Contributor

demed -

didn't know they also offered car loans, but sounds like the same company.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are absolutely right - I don't know why I wrote car loan shopping, i meant car insurance shopping.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a hard or soft inquiry?

Insurance should be a soft.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping for insurance is identical to shopping for credit and is a HARD inquiry:

(3) Information regarding inquiries. Except as provided in section 609(a)(5) [§1681g], a

consumer reporting agency shall not furnish to any person a record of inquiries in

connection with a credit or insurance transaction that is not initiated by a consumer.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I checked just now and its not Ameriprise, its All state's new code or something like that. I never changed my auto insurance in over 3 years so I sent over a fraud letter since it is noted on my account that new accounts should be assessed for fraud protection prior to pulling any form of credit on my account. Thanks for the update and info, I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.