cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insane results from reading advice on here.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

insane results from reading advice on here.

before i filed.. my scores and everything were horrible.

i mean at one point i was in the high 300s, had 120 day past dues, closed off accounts, threats of repossession, everything.

Life was a mess.

My bk was discharged 8/14/17...

the scores were still horrible, but suddenly about 2 weeks ago, they began to skyrocket.

I went through the 700+ in 2 years guide and its moving at an extremely acclerated rate.

There was a credit card that was still reporting, some student loans reporting past dues when they were current, a collections that popped up that was IIB, etc.

That all cleared up and then my mom added me to her gas card (i charge it up and pay it off every month, i dont live with her, but when i was applying for jobs and broke i needed a way to put gas in my car to get to interviews) and forgot to tell me she added me as an authorized user...

well its always under 5% utilization and its over 17 years old... i got approved for 2 unsecured cards and an sct overstock card...

my current ficos are 601/598/601 and my credit karma is 678/652...

this is only 30 days after discharge!!!

also the ficos havent updated the past dues, credit cards and stuff all falling off so they should go up even more.

i have the ability to be added to 3 more cards that are around 20 years old that are direct family members, would this cause my score to spike even more?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: insane results from reading advice on here.

Good job working your way back to 700+...My score is about in the mid 500s and im on the same boat, i just got added to a card that is several years old but it has a 60% utilization. Kinda worried about that but i hope it may still improve my score since other than that it has a good history of being paid on time. anyways, your score should go up after you are added to those other cards with a long history. Good luck bud 

Message 2 of 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: insane results from reading advice on here.

It depends on several things. Some of those are whether or not there are lates on the cards (If so don't do it), utilization on them, if the cards will report authorized users (Some don't) and if the card will report the history of the card. Amex doesn't report the history so you'll take a hit to your AAoA if you get added to one, which might be offset by a high limit low balance. I'd just sit tight and let your cards age instead of getting added as an AU to more cards.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.