New Contributor
tblank65

interest on medical account

was wondering how interest is allowed to be charged on a medical account thru the CA...buddy has to med collections both about $1900 each one CA after 5 yrs has the same amount of 1900.00 the other has a total of 2900 with the addition of interest
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: interest on medical account

I suggest you google the following: "medical collections", the "HIPAA letter process", or "whychat". Good luck!!!!!!!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

New Contributor
tblank65

Re: interest on medical account

I also suggested that...but is a thorn I guess....and after talking with the him for a few it seems they were turned over to a collections agency 49 total days after service and that with he was down approx 21 days because of the hospital visit...didnt give much time for a payment plan or anything

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}