Did you mean: 

irs debt

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: irs debt

@Anonymous wrote:

just found this fourm and was hoping someone could help

i just got a tax bill from 2014 for $6500 i can not pay this my only income is ssdi

can anyone suggest how to handle this or if you have a direct contact number for someone who could help me out

Like the other posters mentioned look into 1) Offer in Compromise and if that fails 2) Fresh Start Program.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: irs debt

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I Did a OIC. settled a 62k debt for 4800$. I found all the information on the irs website, filled it all out. I however got a lawyer to submit it after I finished filling it out and let him deal with it but it seemed pretty straight forward. 

Did the OIC show up on your credit report?

no tax liens are placed when the oic was submitted. So everything stayed off my credit report. The only thing is my next 5 year tax returns have to filed on time and any amounts owed have to be paid ontime. If i mess up with them in the next 5 years the OIC is reciended and they come back after me for the full amount and will put tax liens on my CR. 

So I have to be a good boy for the next 5 years Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.