Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is 15 day dv necessary?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is 15 day dv necessary?

If I've already dv once and given them over 35 days to respond, is it necessary. Can I just send all the info I have to the Cra now? If they didn't respond the first time what are the chances they will any other time? And yes they did get the cmrrr. I just feel they wouldnt give me a second chance, why should I continue to waste six bucks sending them letters that go unanswered?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is 15 day dv necessary?

You can send the info to the CRA...they only have 30 days to verify..and you have given them them 30 days...pull mailing time..some would say to DV again...but its up to you...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

kiyahsmom wrote:
If I've already dv once and given them over 35 days to respond, is it necessary. Can I just send all the info I have to the Cra now? If they didn't respond the first time what are the chances they will any other time? And yes they did get the cmrrr. I just feel they wouldnt give me a second chance, why should I continue to waste six bucks sending them letters that go unanswered?

I've only sent a 2nd DV once, and only because they did attempt to validate.

There is no set time limit that they have to validate. They just have to cease all collection activities until they DO validate. FTC opinion is that reporting on one's CR is a collection activity.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

kiyahsmom wrote: If I've already dv once and given them over 35 days to respond, is it necessary. Can I just send all the info I have to the Cra now? If they didn't respond the first time what are the chances they will any other time? And yes they did get the cmrrr. I just feel they wouldnt give me a second chance, why should I continue to waste six bucks sending them letters that go unanswered?
I've only sent a 2nd DV once, and only because they did attempt to validate.

There is no set time limit that they have to validate. They just have to cease all collection activities until they DO validate. FTC opinion is that reporting on one's CR is a collection activity.

So now i can send copies of letter, gc, copy of id and ssn, and copy of a utility bill? Is there anything else that i should include? Sidewinder what were your results after going through this process?

Message Edited by kiyahsmom on 05-12-2008 02:08 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.