Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it worth it?

Down to my last baddie. Oc was credit one bank and they charged off at the end of 2012. Through many email they are removing they sold to lvnv funding who I owe 696 bucks. The are updating monthly. I can use a credit card to pay them in full but will put me at 70% uti. I know its kinda robbing peter to pay paul. It would be a couple of montha till I can get it back down to 10%
they refuse to pfd. The sent me a settlement offer 300. What to so? Its eating at me everyday that its still there
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is it worth it?

I wouldn't settle. If you can pay the credit cards back down relatively quickly then I would consider just paying it in full. That way you can start sending good will letters to the CA and hopefully get it removed down the road. If you settle you're stuck with it for the full 7 years. Just my two cents.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Down to my last baddie. Oc was credit one bank and they charged off at the end of 2012. Through many email they are removing they sold to lvnv funding who I owe 696 bucks. The are updating monthly. I can use a credit card to pay them in full but will put me at 70% uti. I know its kinda robbing peter to pay paul. It would be a couple of montha till I can get it back down to 10%
they refuse to pfd. The sent me a settlement offer 300. What to so? Its eating at me everyday that its still there

I would settle it and move on to sending them GW letters asking for removal of their TL. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Does fico or future lenders or creditorslook at a settlement different then paid in full. If I cant get it removed in the future and I have to live with it for 5 more years
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok. Does fico or future lenders or creditorslook at a settlement different then paid in full. If I cant get it removed in the future and I have to live with it for 5 more years

Fico doesnt care. You may have to explain yourself to an underwriter who is looking at your CR on a manual review.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.