cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this Pay for Delete wording good enough? thoughts please...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this Pay for Delete wording good enough? thoughts please...

i just negotiated with a local collection agency to do a pay for delete with me for 2 collection accounts (each for $200 with the same CA). it took some time and a few phone calls but i got them to agree to a PFD saying i would pay them in full! by the end of the day! today! Smiley Wink

but when i brought them a certified check in exchange for the letter here is what it said. i am now not sure if this will stand up in court or not as breach of contract because the wording is vague. i wish i had gotten them to sign my letter (i had one ready to send). if this doesn't hold up I swear I am going to call the lady I talked to 4 times a day and show back up once a day until they just get tired of me and go ahead and delete them from my reports, lol.

here is what it says, on company letterhead signed by the regional manager:

-my name-,

This letter is to confirm with you that this account was paid in full. There is no outstanding balance owed to (CA's name) regarding these accounts and all Credit Reporting Agencies will be notified of the deletion of these accounts

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 1-888-___-____.

Sincerely,

-Name-

the only other thing is that one of them is a medical debt and the other was to a local internet company. i also have an email from the internet company saying this:

"Hi -name-,

If you will call -name- at (CA), XXX-XXX-XXXX, and pay
the balance owing within this week, -name- said the collection will be
removed from all 3 credit reports.

Best Regards,
-name-"

am i good or are these peeps laughing all the way to the bank right now?

thanks,

oregongirl

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: is this Pay for Delete wording good enough? thoughts please...

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Those should work.  Just keep a copy of the email.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.