Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this too good to be true!? (O.o)

tag
Sedah
New Contributor

is this too good to be true!? (O.o)

So, 3months back I started my credit rebuilding journey, I had couple collections and charge-offs on my account. I started off in the 58#'s score, and with the help of the board of this forum I was able to get rid of collections and charge offs my account, also did some successful PFD. Weeks went by and my score slowly started going up, my UTIL went from 35% to being a constant 1-4%.....anyways, long story short!

I was recently approved for a CLI for my walmart card and they sent me a statement regarding this, and for the reason etc etc. I looked at the bottom and it said....

"Your Credit Score :756"

"Date: 031714 "

!???? HUH? they used TU

I'm just a little too shocked and idk if I should believe this or not >.> haha

Current Cards: NFCU Signature Cash Reward $12.5k 1.5% || NFCU OLOC $3k || AMEX True Earnings $1.2k 3% Gas 2% Dining & Travel || Walmart $1k || Barclay Apple $1.7k
Goal Cards: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 6% Grocery 3% Gas & Dept. Stores || Chase Sapphire Preferred 2x Travel & Dining || Chase Freedom 5% category per quarter || Discover IT 5% category per quarter || PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards 5% Gas
Starting Score: 589 (2013Dec) Current Score: TU 751(Walmart FICO 201404) || EQ 726(NFCU 201405)|| EXP 652(AMEX 201403)
Goal Score: 700+ ALL Around
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: is this too good to be true!? (O.o)

@Sedah wrote:

So, 3months back I started my credit rebuilding journey, I had couple collections and charge-offs on my account. I started off in the 58#'s score, and with the help of the board of this forum I was able to get rid of collections and charge offs my account, also did some successful PFD. Weeks went by and my score slowly started going up, my UTIL went from 35% to being a constant 1-4%.....anyways, long story short!

I was recently approved for a CLI for my walmart card and they sent me a statement regarding this, and for the reason etc etc. I looked at the bottom and it said....

"Your Credit Score :756"

"Date: 031714 "

!???? HUH? they used TU

I'm just a little too shocked and idk if I should believe this or not >.> haha

The score on the letter or stmt is (most likely) GECRBs internal score and is not your TU FICO, since you have the WM  card you can sign up for electronic stmts and they will give you a TU08 FICO free every month.

Message 2 of 3
Sedah
New Contributor

Re: is this too good to be true!? (O.o)

okay good to know, haha didn't think that was possible >.<

Current Cards: NFCU Signature Cash Reward $12.5k 1.5% || NFCU OLOC $3k || AMEX True Earnings $1.2k 3% Gas 2% Dining & Travel || Walmart $1k || Barclay Apple $1.7k
Goal Cards: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 6% Grocery 3% Gas & Dept. Stores || Chase Sapphire Preferred 2x Travel & Dining || Chase Freedom 5% category per quarter || Discover IT 5% category per quarter || PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards 5% Gas
Starting Score: 589 (2013Dec) Current Score: TU 751(Walmart FICO 201404) || EQ 726(NFCU 201405)|| EXP 652(AMEX 201403)
Goal Score: 700+ ALL Around
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.