cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it sounds like LVNV is asking me to validate a debt THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT.....

tag
hopefull700
Valued Member

it sounds like LVNV is asking me to validate a debt THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT.....

I am confused.

I had an Capital One account several years back that was sold I think to HBSB Direct Merchants and unfortunately it was charged off.  My mom was ill and i was away for weeks at a time and I neglected my financial affairs.  She passed away at this time and I was in a funk and everything turned into a train wreck.I am not proud of it but it happened.

Anyway various collection agencies tried to collect on this account unsuccessfully.  LVNV eventually took over this account but never notified me until they had Apothaker & Associated file suit against me.  LVNV makes it appear that they had rights all along to collect that they got the account direct from HSBC when it actually passed thru several CA's.

My credit report does show the account under  OC Capital One but nothing under HBSB is on my CR

I got a lawyer who answered to the court and requested from Apothaker & Associates to produce documents that LVNV has rights to collect this debt.

Laywer got a letter from Apothaker with a bunch of forms for ME to fill out.  I don't remember the formal names of the forms and i did not get them from my attorney but she essentially said that they are asking me to produce documents and answer questions about the debt.  I should have these from her with in the next day or so.

Can they ask me for information about the debt they are trying to collect?  That sounds backward to me.  I have never received anything from LVNV to request dispute or have i ever talked with anyone from LVNV.

This account is about 6 months within the SOL so I cant use that.  ITs about 3 1/2 years old and SOL is 4 here in PA.

Does anyone have any advise or have prior experience with this stuff.  I have confidence in my Lawyer but I am curious who else has had this happen.  Thanks

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.