Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jp morgaan chase bank credit card complaints

tag
kittywitty
Contributor

jp morgaan chase bank credit card complaints

I have been bullied by JP Morgan chase bank to the extent that i no longer wish to obtain any debt from anyone ever again. they have lied to me over and over, talked to me like i am a second class citizen b/c i owed them a measly debt. i have paid them their measly debt and they still continue to be bully's.

A year and a half ago i was 60 days late and they called and they so nicely offered me their debt liquidation program and said that after i paid it off it would say closed by the consumer. during that year and a half they did not report to 2 of the 3 bureaus that they were taking $37 a month from my checking account. after a million phone calls they fix that, i was told if i paid it off it would be updated to all 3 bureaus the same day well nearly 30 days later Transunion still shows i owe them so i called and and was told it was just another mistake.

These are no mistakes they seem to enjoy upsetting me. They refuse to change it to closed by the consumer like i was originally promised. they have argued with me for nearly 4 months. My car was totalled i suffered severe injuries and they just continue to upset me. i can't help but wonder if the reason they won't change it to say closed by consumer b/c of portfolio recovery measly debt of $490 which is mostly late fee's as toys r us let the card go many months before closing the account.

then portfolio recovery has the nerve to tell me they will not even talk to me till i get rid of Lexington law, originally both toys r us and portfolio recovery were stating i owed them both money but Lexington law fixed that. so i am not willing to get rid of Lexington law as they know the laws way better then i do. i have offered to pay for delete and they will not agree to that either.

i even gave them a $300 settlement payment and they cancelled it. after dealing with chase bank i see no reason at all to pay portfolio recovery unless they are willing to delete it. the entire system is broken. i have a $490 debt and my credit is screwed for 5 and a half more years. i paid out of pocket $30,000 for a car and my kids have to ride the school bus this year which is over crowed and full of misbehaved kids and a bus driver yelling at the kids.

i wake up in the middle of the night with tears in my eyes and nobody flippin cares. only my cat and 2 ducks even care so i guess i will spend the rest of my life in my paid off house with my kind animals instead of a world full of ignorant people. i would like to seek legal action against chase bank and am willing to give any money collected to the attorney who goes after them. does anybody know of an attorney interested in trying? i was truly harassed by that bank and i was a paying customer.

Edit: copied notfancy's formatting into original post for increased legibility --Rev

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: jp morgaan chase bank credit card complaints

@kittywitty wrote:

I have been bullied by JP Morgan chase bank to the extent that i no longer wish to obtain any debt from anyone ever again. they have lied to me over and over, talked to me like i am a second class citizen b/c i owed them a measly debt. i have paid them their measly debt and they still continue to be bully's.

A year and a half ago i was 60 days late and they called and they so nicely offered me their debt liquidation program and said that after i paid it off it would say closed by the consumer. during that year and a half they did not report to 2 of the 3 bureaus that they were taking $37 a month from my checking account. after a million phone calls they fix that, i was told if i paid it off it would be updated to all 3 bureaus the same day well nearly 30 days later Transunion still shows i owe them so i called and and was told it was just another mistake.

These are no mistakes they seem to enjoy upsetting me. They refuse to change it to closed by the consumer like i was originally promised. they have argued with me for nearly 4 months. My car was totalled i suffered severe injuries and they just continue to upset me. i can't help but wonder if the reason they won't change it to say closed by consumer b/c of portfolio recovery measly debt of $490 which is mostly late fee's as toys r us let the card go many months before closing the account.

then portfolio recovery has the nerve to tell me they will not even talk to me till i get rid of Lexington law, originally both toys r us and portfolio recovery were stating i owed them both money but Lexington law fixed that. so i am not willing to get rid of Lexington law as they know the laws way better then i do. i have offered to pay for delete and they will not agree to that either.

i even gave them a $300 settlement payment and they cancelled it. after dealing with chase bank i see no reason at all to pay portfolio recovery unless they are willing to delete it. the entire system is broken. i have a $490 debt and my credit is screwed for 5 and a half more years. i paid out of pocket $30,000 for a car and my kids have to ride the school bus this year which is over crowed and full of misbehaved kids and a bus driver yelling at the kids.

i wake up in the middle of the night with tears in my eyes and nobody flippin cares. only my cat and 2 ducks even care so i guess i will spend the rest of my life in my paid off house with my kind animals instead of a world full of ignorant people. i would like to seek legal action against chase bank and am willing to give any money collected to the attorney who goes after them. does anybody know of an attorney interested in trying? i was truly harassed by that bank and i was a paying customer.

I don't know if an attorney would do anything for you. Did you get any of those agreements in writing? I'm confused. Who told you that it would be liquidated and reported as closed by consumer? Chase or the collection agency? Are you referring to a Chase account, AND a Toys R Us account? I thought Toys R Us was backed by GERB?

I added breaks into your paragraphs to make this easier to read. What does Lexington Law say to you about any of these issues? I don't have a  lot of good things to say about them, and reading about them, they sound like they charge you money for things you can do yourself for free, but you sound satisfied with them.

Why did they cancel your settlement payment? Was that a settlement offer that they gave you? Was it arranged by you and them in some way? It feels like you're talking about two different charged off accounts? I don't think Chase cares about an account you have in collections if it isn't theirs. Are you still paying Chase directly? I can't see them placing you in collections if you're still paying them.

I'm sorry for all the questions, but with some clarity maybe we can help you out a bit more with some answers.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 4
jd352
Regular Contributor

I can understand their view on having you drop Lexington Law prior to working with you. I only say this because you essentially hired Lexington Law to handle this issue on your behalf. It's similar to hiring a lawyer, then having him sit on the side line because you didn't think they were doing a good enough job so you decided to step up to the bench and give it a go on your own - without actually firing your lawyer. Lexington Law tells Chase they are working on your behalf, but then you are trying to work on a settlement without them. They would much rather deal with one party, not two.

But, I also understand your desire to have someone else on your side. But, from the sounds of things, either you work with Chase on your own or you continue to let this go nowhere. Chase has no responsibility to change anything, and despite what was said, verbal contracts don't typically hold up as well as something written (unless it is recorded which would require a lawsuit to obtain). From the sounds of things, the debt has been satisfied, you are just trying to get them to change the status of it to close by consumer. I really don't see where Lexington Law is going to help you here, there are no "laws" or regulations governing how they choose to report the closed account - as long as they report it in a factual manner. In fact, if they chose to report it closed by consumer, they are actually bending the rules slightly in your favor as the account was essentially charged off by them. Therefore, would it not just be in your best interest to get rid of Lexington Law and try to work with them directly? Clearly, Lexington Law is not getting anywhere either, or the status would have changed by now.

As for the $490, this I am a bit lost with. Is this another debt you owe Chase? Or, is this another bank completely? Why did they cancel the settlement? The only reason I see for a bank not accepting a settlement is because the terms were not agreed upon on both sides. They offer you the settlement, you agree but under the condition they delete it. They do not agree to this, and you basically say, you are sending them the money and they need to delete it. If this conversation was recorded, by them accepting the payment, they agree to the terms set forth by both parties in the settlement and would be upheld in court. Therefore, they would have to delete it, even though they do not want to if they accepted. This is the only reason I see them not accepting the $300. Possibly, you could negotiate a higher settlement with them to pay-for-delete.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 3 of 4
kittywitty
Contributor

yes it is 2 different debts disney chase credit card which talked me into paying them when my husband was injured and out of work at which point i was 60 days late and very broke. they promised me to put closed by the consumer and supervisor even  put it in the notes the day the deal was made. i have verifed it is in the notes but they refuse to give it to me. it just makes me made because i paid the debt even through times of hardship. the toys r us card was also late and was charging me over the limit fee's b/c of the late fee's so a very small debt ($300 credit limit and i was not even near my limit) and they wanted alot of money to catch up  the account  so i just didn't pay them at all and they sold the account to a collection agency portifilio recovery. lexington law doesn not work out payment plans with the creditors so that should not matter. considering they weren't following the law i refuse to quit lexington law. not to mention they are helping me get things reported accurately. i had a few other paid debts that were not being reported properly.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.