Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement and past rental history

tag
homebound14
New Contributor

judgement and past rental history

any advise would help

currently I have a judgement of $2,000 on my credit, thanks to an eviction. we completely finished out the lease on this one but stayed approx 45 days past the lease and did not issue payment for this. so they evicted us. Now we did pay a 1,000 deposit which of course was never returned to us.

I am wanting to know who i need to contact to see if that 1,000 deposit went to one of the months we owed, or who i can contact to try to negotiate this so that i can have it removed from my CR.

*i live in TX*

also I have a similar issue where I finsished my lease at an apartment complex but owed the last month around $800 and paid no deposit. Some how this is now at over $2000. Does anyone have success in getting the CA OR apartment to reduce the amount owed or do a PFD? for these im not sure who to contact to do a PFD, AND I dont currently have $4,000 to give.  its just really frustrating that all the positive history from paying on time to both of these to now show a negative balance due to what happened the last month.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: judgement and past rental history

I agree must be very frustrating to have paid on time only to have your credit ruined from the last month. Have you tried contacting the lawyer that is representing the complex yet? Or have you tried a PFD or even a GW letter?
I did get a negative mark removed for similar reasons through a regular dispute through the CB.. Think I got lucky they did not respond is all.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 2 of 7
homebound14
New Contributor

So far I have only disputed
Message 3 of 7
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@homebound14 wrote:
So far I have only disputed
I am going through a similar situation in VA. I have a judgement for $2395+ interest and fees AND the CA is on my credit report as a collection for $4138.  I broke the lease and the final bill was about $4000 (parking stickeer $500, gym key $400; they wouldn't take them when I attempted to return them). 
I spoke to the CA yesterday and they sent me a settlement offer for $3100; no PFD, no other deals. I asked if they could assure me that the judgement would be marked satisfied since the judgement amount is lower than what they are asking for. They said they would notify the OC that its been paid in full and it would be up to the OC to file the judgement satisfaction paperwork and possibly vacate. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
homebound14
New Contributor

thanks so much for the tips, i have no issue with paying for the last month so im gonna try to start there, but the condidtion of the apartment was left in excellent shape.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the court has entered judgment on the debt, did you appear in court and assert the debt was not legitimate, or did they obtain a default judgment?

That was your opportunity to contest the debt. 

I would review the court record, as it should contain an explantion of what items constituted the asserted debt.

Message 6 of 7
homebound14
New Contributor

i did appear in court, the judge didnt give me an opportunity to say anything,he just stated i owed which i dont debate i owe im just wondering about my 1k deposit i never recieved back, and if it would go towards the 2k i owe

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.