Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement question

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

judgement question

Does Dismissed and Vacated mean the same thing?  I have a judgement and pulled the court paperwork and it says closed and dismissed?  Can i get this removed from my Credit reports?  thanks!

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
qd
Regular Contributor

Re: judgement question

@bbrentlinger wrote:

Does Dismissed and Vacated mean the same thing?  I have a judgement and pulled the court paperwork and it says closed and dismissed?  Can i get this removed from my Credit reports?  thanks!

I don't know if they mean the same thing, but I would think if it was Dismissed for whatever reason that you should be able to get it removed from your report.  I thought Dismissed meant like it never happened.  My judgement experience is limited though...mine were satisfied then vacated then removed. 

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Can you post exactly what the current public record shows?

Dismissed usually refers to the legal proceeding seeking a judgment, with the action dismissed prior to award of judgment by the court.

Was there an actual award of judgment, and the current records shows satisifed or discharged by the court?

I presume you never filed a motion before the court to have the judgment vacated?

Message 3 of 5
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

"The case is closed 10/27/2008 it was disposed  as uncontested default."

This is the one where we filed the suggestion of bankruptcy.  and the one I would like removed.  I thought this one said dismissed as well.  Would it be worth trying to get it vacated?

the other one says

"This case is closed as of 1/6/10 it was disposed as dismissed by the court"

Message 4 of 5
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

sorry yes they are judgements for medical bills.  no we have never tried to get it vacated.  just wondering If that would do more harm than good?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.