Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement question?

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

judgement question?

I had a judgement placed on me for a 250 overdrafted bank account in Oct of 2014. I will have to pay this off before I buy my first home. this isn't on any of my credit reports. what is the chance of them placing this on my credit if I paid it off at the courthouse? it use to be on my reports but disappear sometime last year. I do not want this back on my credit since I been working so hard building it back up. I did find out that the deed company will do a public record search prior to placing the house in my name which is the reason I'm asking. thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: judgement question?

I would suggest you go to the courhoue and do  a search of the file history of your civil action to determine its actual status.

Judgemenets find their way into consumer credit reports based on searches commissioned by the CRAs of ;bulic record information.

Either the judtgment was vacted from the publc record for some reason, or it was miised in the lates update search.

If it is still showing in the public record, the it could be picked back up at any time. 

If somehow vacated from the public record, I would want to know why.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could reappear at anytime. What state are you in? Did you go to court or was it a default judgement?

Message 3 of 4
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I live in nc and it was a default judgement. I'm going to be paying it of soon and I will try to get it vacated so it doesn't pop back up on my credit. I will have to disclose it on my mortagage application anyway but I don't forsee it to be a problem as long as its paid. Thanks for the advice

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.