Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement removal possible?

tag
TigerRed
Contributor

judgement removal possible?

I have a judgement on my Transunion cbr only.  I believe it was on all 3 cra's at one time but it has dropped off the others.  Let me start at the beginning...... When i learned of this judgment it was already a done deal months, possibly a year had already elapsed.   I was never served.  I didnt know this could happen, they could have court on a case involving me although I had never been notified? When I had found out about by just looking people up online.  I searched on myself to see what would come up.   The detail stated that an  attempt to serve me was made but it was returned because I was no longer at that address.  I had moved like on Aug and the date listed that they tried to serve me was a few weeks later.  I was told by a family friend that there was nothing that I could do about it.  I have been trying to pull information up about this case recently online to get some info because I believe this is already past the seven year mark but it wont come up now. I am wondering if experian and equifax stopped reporting it because it is in fact past the 7 yeear mark. Is their anyway I can get transunion to verify the info they are reporting on me or am I screwed on this too?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TigerRed
Contributor

Re: judgement removal possible?

@TigerRed wrote:

I have a judgement on my Transunion cbr only.  I believe it was on all 3 cra's at one time but it has dropped off the others.  Let me start at the beginning...... When i learned of this judgment it was already a done deal months, possibly a year had already elapsed.   I was never served.  I didnt know this could happen, they could have court on a case involving me although I had never been notified?  I had found out about by just looking people up online.  I decided to plug in my name at the county clerk of courts site and it came up.   The detail stated that an  attempt to serve me was made but it was returned because I was no longer at that address.  I had moved like on Aug 1st and the date listed that they tried to serve me was a few weeks later.  Back then, I was told by a family friend that there was nothing that I could do about it.  I have been trying to pull information up about this case recently online like b4 (since trying to rebuild) to get some info because I believe this is already past the seven year mark but it wont come up now. I am wondering if experian and equifax stopped reporting it because it is in fact past the 7 year mark. Is their anyway I can get transunion to verify the info they are reporting on me or am I screwed on this too?

Oh just in case anyone wants to know.....I am thinking the judgement was from 2007 for Miami University. My transunion credit report says June 2008. It is mine but not sure if the amounts are right or how they came up with the amount.  It is almost paid though. I have felt so helpless and angry about this all but figured to just go ahead and pay  and that it it would be hard to fight. Once paid will it help my score at all? Will it need to be in satisfied status before I can request that Transunion delete it under that 6 month exclusion that they do? I am not sure thats what its called but hopefully you will understand what I am asking. Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: judgement removal possible?

First off, you need to contact the court house, and check the records for verification of service, primarily how they documented their efforts to serve you. You may possibly, under the guise of "sewer service, " and also Google your state's policy, and procedures for vacating a judgment. Some states vary.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.