Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement vacated???

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

judgement vacated???

If a judgement that had previously been listed on pacer.gov but was never paid(should have been in bk) regardless, if it is no longer there does that mean it has been vacated?

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tmobileguy
New Contributor

Re: judgement vacated???

@bbrentlinger wrote:
If a judgement that had previously been listed on pacer.gov but was never paid(should have been in bk) regardless, if it is no longer there does that mean it has been vacated?

Just call the courthouse...that will give  you your answer right then and there...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Message 2 of 4
gregcurryesq
Established Member

Almost certainly NO. If there were a judgment, and the judgment was later vacated, there would be an order vacating it on the pacer docket report. Federal courts are much better at that than state courts--definitely state courts in NY. I've never seen things disappear from a civil case, only federal criminal cases, and only because criminal cases involve sealed or highly private info.

Long Island, NY. **The views expressed by me on this site are my opinions only, are not intended to constitute legal advice, should not be relied on as legal advice, and are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship.**
Message 3 of 4
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

I wonder where it went then. A few weeks ago it was listed on pacer.gov its from 2008 and this week it is gone. It was supposed to be included on our chapter 13. My lawyer sent them some paperwork regarding that.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.