Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just getting started

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just getting started

Hello everyone! I just came across this forum 2 days ago, I was feeling a little helpless thinking my only options were to pay down balances and wait for scores to creep back up as things to drop off. This forum has given me belief that instead of just waiting things out I can be proactive in my rebuild. So here is my situation...

I have credit monitoring with Capital One creditwise, USAA, and today I signed up at credit karma ( I believe all three are Vantage 3.0)

10/17 TU was 584 (but had been as low as 485 in the previous few months)

Capital One platnium that was pretty much maxed $14xx/ $1500 (10 lates in 8yrs)

I knew I had to get things righted so I started paying down my balance which I started 1/18 (currently at $747 , 50%)

I don't make a lot so small increments are usually the method, been current with all other accounts.

3/18 TU is 627

On USAA it shows caine and werner reported an account in collections of $253 that reported 1/16, 1/16, 1/16, 2/16 ( 4 times in like 3 weeks)

Did the free annual credit report 2/18 and no collections shown on all 3 (didn't see a score on all three either just accounts, balances, and payment history)

Should I contact them for PFD if it didn't show up on the reports 2 years later? ( I know it won't just got away.)

Other accounts are 

Student loans $13k/ $26 (7 lates over 16years)

Vehicle $12k/ $28k (4 lates in 3years)

And I am currently back in school to finish my degree so I am student loans keep getting added

9 accounts ranging in aging from 1y7m to 7m with probably 2 more to be added (27k total probably) deferred until 1/20

I am hoping when the student loans are done they will be consolidated into one account because that has killed my AAoA (3yr 3m)

So my biggest issues I saw from my time reading here are:

Lates: 21(92% on time)

maybe 1 baddie

High utilization 

AAoA

I may have jumped the gun but app'd/ approved on USAA amex $2k, no af, 1.5% cb and Disco IT $9k, no af and 5% cb.

Don't know if doing them back to back was a great idea but I figured they would age together plus students loans already  hurt AAoA

util should go from 50% to 6%. Will pay off Cap1 this month/next and then start AZEO probably the disco, and building some savings

Current on all accounts from 6-9 months depending on the account. Priority going forward is pay on time.

When should I start the GW campaign? (Really want to get Cap1 cleaned up, the others would be very nice as well.)

Thoughts about PFD or just paying CA  before it reports?

Did I hurt myself with the 2 new cards?

Contact new student loan holder to see if they will consolidate to one account so AAoA might bounce back a little?

Thanks for any insight, suggestions, and for making me believe I can be proactive and manage my rebuild instead of counting days

Thanks,

P

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: just getting started

It sounds like you have a good plan to tackle the baddies, Phoenix33. Biggest thing is no more lates then, even if GW doesn't work, the lates will have less influence once 24 months old.

Is there any way to not continue taking out student loans? I see so much student debt racking up, and I just keep thinking how hard it would be to start out so bogged down with debt. And make sure your future income is going to be sufficient to pay those off. You're looking at paying about 1.2% of your total loan balance in monthly payments. i.e. If you owe $27000, you will pay about $324/month ($27000 X .012). And remember, any unsubsidized loans are accruing interest as we speak. 

Just my thoughts. Believe me, I do know student loans can be necessary sometimes. Smiley Happy

Good luck with everything! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.