cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just recvd response from dv....good news I think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just recvd response from dv....good news I think?

Ok first I thougt it was kind of funny  because it says "it appears your letters are similar to samples on the internet......blah..blah not always accurate.      anyway to the better news

I have 3 medical collections on my credit report.
On my EQ report it says DOFD 4/03  
CA sent me an itemized list for the 3 accounts   It says date of service

05/04/01
05/04/01
& 12/02/02

So doesnt that mean DOFD is wrong!   Shouldn't it be coming off in May 08 for the first two and Dec 09 for the last one?   Please tell me its so!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: just recvd response from dv....good news I think?

Did you ever make a payment on these accounts?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NoSmiley Very HappyI didn't make a payment (let me clarify....sorry I didnt pay it back in 2001 just glad I didn't reset!!    .  You scared me with that oneSmiley Very Happy 

I think where that 2003 date came from it says on the statement placed with CA 6/22/03     The only payment ever made was a 10.00 copay at the front desk in 2001  (its great the info they give)

So does that mean it will be gone soon???Smiley Surprised
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD for medical is same as date of service.

Accounts can remain 7.5 years from DOFD.

The CRAs usually only leave for 7 years from DOFD, but technically, under FCRA, the 7 years doesn't start counting until 180 days AFTER DOFD.

If the DOFD is being listed wrong on your CR, you need to read the "re-aging" thread. First step to correcting this is disputing with the CRA based on "FCRA Compliance Date"

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.