Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just starting

tag
mssassy

just starting

I have 2 SCC's one $200(feb) n $300 (may)....a
lso just ths mth $250 shoppn cc frm mall store.. question is what's the best way to bulid ?how much to spend on each?when to pay bill?(n full, r leave balnce on all 9% then pay tht remandn help help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: just starting

It depends on what is on your report, lates, collections, judgements, BK, etc. What I'm doing is this: got two secured cc and will have CL on them at 1k when they first report. I had 4 bogus items on report that I disputed online with all three companies. I had one bill that wasn't current and two collections. I tried PFD on collections and ended up just paying and GWing them. I got late account current.

I have 4 accounts in bad standing (previous late payments) that I'm GWing all of them. I have 1 account that is showing 120 day late on a balance of zero. Bank admitted error but said I have to dispute. Account goes 7 years in august so I'm just letting that sit.

I will use my cc for 6 months and charge about 90 to each one and may off completely before the statement is sent. With the exception that I'll leave one with $10 balance and I'll pay that before due date.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
mssassy

Smiley Happy thinks for reply  how do you write a GW letter? What should I say

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Util is only used if you're needing a bump in your score for an app.  Pay it in full, don't pay interest you don't have to.  If you need a bump for an app, buy a coke and candybar on one of them and let it post. 

Read this for your GWs.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Good Luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.