Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kay jewelersand jared gw denied ughhhhh

tag
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

kay jewelersand jared gw denied ughhhhh

i recently sent 3 good will letters to sterling jewelers to remove my lates on paid off closed accounts. the accounts were are scheduled to go back to positive in the end of 2016. i got a letter from them today that states.

were sorry you had a hard time back in 2008 / 2009 and regardless of your good credit habits now and rebuilding we do not delete or update correct info on credit reports. its a violation of the fcra to do this. if you believe this is un helpful contact the credit reporting agencys. 

this really sucks. after november of this year these few lates will be all that is left on my reports that will be negative. i dont know if i should keep trying but i am mailing more tomorrow hoping to get a yes. has anyone had any luck getting a gw thru kays or jared?

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: kay jewelersand jared gw denied ughhhhh

@mossmanb5 wrote:

i recently sent 3 good will letters to sterling jewelers to remove my lates on paid off closed accounts. the accounts were are scheduled to go back to positive in the end of 2016. i got a letter from them today that states.

were sorry you had a hard time back in 2008 / 2009 and regardless of your good credit habits now and rebuilding we do not delete or update correct info on credit reports. its a violation of the fcra to do this. if you believe this is un helpful contact the credit reporting agencys. 

this really sucks. after november of this year these few lates will be all that is left on my reports that will be negative. i dont know if i should keep trying but i am mailing more tomorrow hoping to get a yes. has anyone had any luck getting a gw thru kays or jared?

Standard boiler plate rejection, its not against the FCRA to commute a late payment, what is against the FCRA would be knowingly reporting false information or failing to update known false info. I would keep up the GW campaign at 1 a month.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.