Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping accounts open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

keeping accounts open

I have been using credit consolidation co(in charge) just found out any card which is paid off will be closed even if I take over still according to deal made with cc companies will be closed and my interest rate could go up at the same time if I open new accounts it could effect my score could someone advice me my score is 583 and still owe 10,000 on 5 cc if I open new account transfer balance with my score credit line won't be high enough to cover 10,000please someone tell me what to do
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: keeping accounts open

I don't understand your question.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: keeping accounts open

I think you are trying to say that you have been using a Debt Consolidation Company named In Charge.  You just  found out that any card which is paid off using this company, will be closed.   Even if you take over the payments... Then your interest rate could go up at the same time if you decide to open new accounts.  This in turn could affect your credit score.  Your credit score is 583 and you still owe 10,000 on 5 credit cards.

My question is why did you decide to use a Debt Consolidation company?  These companies have bad reputations and are known for not paying the original debt.  Can you try to get out of your contract with them and settle with your creditors directly?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.