Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lane bryant

tag
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

lane bryant

Good morning forum family! I received an alert this morning of a new collection when I saw that it was lane Bryant AGAIN I almost had a heart attack! I opened the account in 2008 with only $100 credit limit I didn't pay them timely and eventually stopped paying them altogether. They charged it off in 2009 and sold the debt I've tried PFD letters but they refused to even respond. They just sold it again and I guess now its re aged the account so my question is what happens to the other lane Bryant accounts that are just sitting on my credit report? Are all Three allowed to report? This has brought my score down 18 points I Am so irritated I can just scream! How should I deal with these people?
What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: lane bryant

Once the OC sells the debt, they are required only to update the account to show a $0 debt balance owed to them.

Yes, any derogs they reported would remain.  You can no longer request a PFD with them, as you have no more debt for them to accept in exchange for CR deletion of their reporting.

The acquiring debt collector can additionally report their collection.  It is common for multiple derogs related to the same debt to be reported.

However, if debt collector 1 then sells the debt to debt collector 2, the CRA reporting manual instructs debt collector 1 to delete their reporting.

There is no requirement under the FCRA that they do so, and thus a dispute would not be the proper path.

Send a request to the CRA for deletion of debt collector 1 based on thier administrative reporting guidelines.

You can offer the current owner a PFD, and send GW requests to the OC pertaining to any reporting they have made.

Message 2 of 3
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Re: lane bryant

Thanks for the information it was very helpful!
What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.