Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last baddie - what should I do?

tag
liesierre
Regular Contributor

last baddie - what should I do?

This is my last baddie that I can do anything about... (other 2 baddies are foreclosure and BK13 which will come off within the next year)

The one I need advice on is Cashcall, charged off and sold to a CA (Greater California Financial Services)

I have both the CO ($0) and the CA on 2 of my 3 credit reports. The other just has the CA but not the original charged off Cashcall derog.

DoFD 07/2008 (outside of SOL)

Original Amount Owned:$2,079

Balance Owned:$5,443

This wont drop off until June 2015

I sent them a DV, and I got the peach paper today from USPS in my mailbox that GCFS sent me something back (envelope, probably DV reply)

Theres no way I want to PIF (either the original amount or the outrageous amount they think I currently owe)

So my choices now are what?
- Offer a PFD for a % of it - if so, the original balance or the outstanding? 
- Ignore it for the next 2 years and let it fall off on its own

If I did get a PFD, I would still have the CO/$0 on 2 of my 3 credit reports, right? Anything I can do about that? I doubt Cashcall is gonna GW it off...

What would you do?

ETA: Yes, I understand that offering a PFD for a % of it is asking for 2 concessions from them. But, its outside of SOL so they probably realize they aren't gonna get anything at all from me without it.

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.