Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

late payments

If I had a oayment due on the 19th and I called and told the company that it was going to be paid the following day, is that still considered 30 days past due when I even called them and had them reverse the late fee for me....will that show on my credit report as a 30 day late?   Help someone
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: late payments

You would have to ask them what their policy is for reporting lates to the CRAs.  Some of them do not report until you are 2 payments late, some report at 30. 

If your account has a grace period they should not report it late at all.

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

No, you shouldn't be dinged for the late. Late fees, probably.

There's some debate in here as to what leads to a 30 day, but at the very least, most CCs have a 25 day grace period in that you have 25 days to pay from the statement date. Being one day late and paying 26 days later won't lead to a late.

Since cleaning up my act, I was late one time. Target had a cut-off time of 4:00pm. I totally forgot and paid at 4:10pm, 10 minutes late. The next day they hit me with a late fee, which I was late; they had previously spelled out the terms. But I never got hit with the late and they refunded the late fee without asking within a couple of days.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are not late, for FICO purposes, until 30 days after the billing due date.

You may incur late fees for paying after the billing due date, but wont incur a hit on your CR unless not paid within 30-days of the due date.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.