Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

late

How long do lates report? I had a card that was late in 2006 ( 30+60+90+120). It was paid to zero and closed a month after it ws paid.

How long will this be on my report? 5 years or 10?

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: late

It will fall off next year. I have lates from 2006 that will fall off as well. The rule is 7.5 years from the date when you were first delinquent on payment.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

How long do lates report? I had a card that was late in 2006 ( 30+60+90+120). It was paid to zero and closed a month after it ws paid.

How long will this be on my report? 5 years or 10?

About 7 - 7 1/2 years then they drop off. So mid-late 2013 they should fall off for you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify, the lates will start falling off 7-7.5 years and since the account wasn't charged off, the account should turn to a postive account and then continue to report for ~10 years from the date of closure. 

I assume it wasn't charged off by your statement that it went 120 days late, you paid it and then they closed it.  It if was in fact charged off, then the entire account will fall off in 7-7.5 years. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

To clairy a bit of confusion late payments can report no longer than 7 years from each individual date of delinquency. The 7.5 year CRTP is for collections and charge offs.

Message 5 of 10
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Why was my post moved? It is regarding a credit card.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 6 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jeffery581 wrote:

Why was my post moved? It is regarding a credit card.

Because it was more about the lates being removed than the card itself.

Message 7 of 10
jeffery581
Established Contributor

OK well I see other post regarding lates are in the credit card section. 

Message 8 of 10
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Just delete my account. I am tired of being messed with by marinevet.

Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Any moderator would have moved it to Rebuilding Your Credit. The CC board is geared towards apping for, using, or getting the most out of your current and open CCs. These would include discussions on AFs, rewards, apps, CLIs, current reporting, card offerings, and so forth. The RYC board are for those who want to repair what's already reporting like removing old lates, TL stati, baddie removals, and others.

@jeffery581 wrote:

OK well I see other post regarding lates are in the credit card section. 

If you do see others it's possible we missed some or haven't seen them yet. We'll often get alerted by other posters who click the "Options" link and then "Report Inappropriate Content". The Content might be OK, but mods do get alerted if it needs to be moved.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.