Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lesson learned...

tag
Sass2009
Valued Member

lesson learned...

After battling for a year to get off all baddies, I have gotten myself into the credit card hole.  I received a few cards and owe on almost all of them.  Been paying them off, but have decided to take them out of my wallet and live on my cash.  Credit is such a weird thing and I am going to be in the gardening phase because I want to buy a home  in the next couple of years and need to save money and get my ducks in a row.  This group has been instrumental in me getting off all the baddies and I realize that I am over using and relying on the little bit of credit that I have.  Do folks find when they have gotten into a decent place with their credit that they overused it in the beginning??  I'm happy that regardless of how I use my credit that I am paying it off every month.

SASS

Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2012 - EX: 512, TU: 527, EQ: 530
02/13: TU: 628 EQ: 678 EX: 632 (FAKO)
Get in the 700 Club in 2013
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: lesson learned...

It takes self control and understanding to never charge more then you can pay in a statement cycle.

It does get easier.

Good luck.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.