Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

letter from convergent outsourcing. need help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

letter from convergent outsourcing. need help please

I'm on the path of rebuilding and today i recieved two letters from convergent outsourcing for alleged debts around 7 years ago, I cant recall the exact date but the letter says I need to respond in thirty days are they will consider it valid. The supposed original debts never showed on my credit report. I am working hard on building my credit from past mistakes, Will these show up on my credit report being that old? If they due will they stay on for seven years?  Any advice please and thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: letter from convergent outsourcing. need help please

They are a debt collector, and their reporting is a collection.

Collections, regardless of when reported, have an exclusion period of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of your first delinqency on the OC account that created the debt.  See FCRA 605(c).

When a debt collector reports a collection, they are required to obtain and report the DOFD on the OC account within 90 days of reporting of their collction.

See FCRA 623(a)(5).

The CRA then uses that date, and that date alone, to calculate the exclusion of the collection.

The inclusion of a collection is thus not extended based on when it is reported.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with this OP. They  throw that phrase around a lot...as required by law. There are a lot of companies that honor a goodwill so are they "breaking" this law lol

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I don't think it will show on my cr because of the age, one is a utility bill and the other a bank overdraft for $9 that turned into a $300 . So now knowing the information you gave me the main concern would be if they got a judgment since they have a 10 year sol here in Illinois on promissory and written contracts. I don't want to jeopardize re-aging this debt in any way, Do they give you fair warning before they seek judgment? will i have the opportunity to pay before that happens?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I don't think it will show on my cr because of the age, one is a utility bill and the other a bank overdraft for $9 that turned into a $300 . So now knowing the information you gave me the main concern would be if they got a judgment since they have a 10 year sol here in Illinois on promissory and written contracts. I don't want to jeopardize re-aging this debt in any way, Do they give you fair warning before they seek judgment? will i have the opportunity to pay before that happens?

In general, yeah they will give you 'some' warning. Even if you are served with papers, you can (usually) still pay in full right up to the day before the court date.

Nothing that YOU DO can legally cause re-aging of a deb for credit reporting purposes, however patial payments or firm promises to pay can reset the SOL, which only apllies to whether you can be sued for a debt.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.